News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

St. Louis Faire

Started by Nitestar, May 07, 2008, 11:48:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Clisto of York

Quote from: Nitestar on May 21, 2008, 06:43:00 AM
Lord Clisto, it was a Grand Time!  Now you'll have to come down to Our Faire in Des Moines sometime and we can repeat it!  ;)  Huzzah!

Lord Nitestar

It would be nice for sure, but it depends on the dates. I have rehearsal for the next three weekends before my upper Wisconsin Ren faire opens up for 5 weekend, then it constant busy.
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Malcolm

Sorry I missed opening weekend, but I was otherwise engaged at Eureka College where my step-daughter and husband were being honored. Not the kind of thing one misses.
But, I should be on site Sunday with both kilt and camera.
YOS,
Malcolm Abernethy
Knight Commander, Order of the Blue Ribbon
IBRSC #1272
1608 Society
"Be the best you can be... considering."

Once Debauched

For the record I want it known, I smelled Amyj's beaver this weekend and it really does smell like roses.

*evil giggle*
IWG  #3527 Local 29
IFRP #1228 Loblolly Lass, HMS Lying Bastard
FOKTOP
ROoL #29
Tequila:  The interactive shot

Once Debauched

I've just added a few more pics to the GSTLRF folder in the Faire Photos section!
IWG  #3527 Local 29
FOKTOP
ROoL #29

Malcolm

Quote from: Once Debauched on May 26, 2008, 10:49:38 PM
I've just added a few more pics to the GSTLRF folder in the Faire Photos section!
I just added links to my pictures taken on Sunday in the same place. :)
YOS,
Malcolm Abernethy
IBRSC #1272
1608 Society

Malcolm

Quote from: Malcolm on May 27, 2008, 01:36:14 AM
Quote from: Once Debauched on May 26, 2008, 10:49:38 PM
I just added links to my pictures taken on Sunday in the same place. :)
More pictures posted of Sunday, June 1st:
http://news.webshots.com/album/563664799CBwTyN?vhost=news
YOS,
Malcolm Abernethy
IBRSC #1272
1608 Society

Emerald Shaunassey

Ruby, Diamond, and m'self went incognito this past weekend - I think we picked THE muggiest of days to attend.  Saturday saw us in our colors but not our typical Kiss garb.  Sunday saw us in <gasp!> mundanes!  It is interesting to attend a faire in mundanes after all these years performing at different fests and faires. 

So, the lass with the 'ears' on her hood - I take it she is the Royal Jester?  She is a hoot to watch with the wee ones.  Loved her bit at opening gate with the other fellow, that was nice.  Good stunt work on her part to "fall backwards and ring the bell" to open the gate.  I have to give major kudos to the staff and cast for the actions of King Francois - pegged him pretty good for his 'womanizing ways.'  Ruby had never been to Petit Lyon before and without even reading the flyer, she immediately *knew* which French king it was being portrayed.  Kudo's!  Keep up the good work on the 'small details' - for history lovers and fellow rennies, they are the true diamonds of performances.

We'll have to see if our performance schedule next year allows us a 'ren-cation' to Petit Lyon again - it was an enjoyable weekend despite the humidity and high temps.

Fair Seas,
Emerald
IWG #979, IFRP #569, RMG # 614, Bard # 171.
Creator, Owner, & Manager of Williams Entertainment: Home of The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, The Shanty Lasses, Native Souls, & Grand Lake Renaissance Festival.

jcbanner

Thank you for the kind reveiw. I hope you don't mind me copying it over to the STL cast msg board so the people involved get to see your compliments.

Emerald Shaunassey

Quote from: jcbanner on June 02, 2008, 10:01:03 PM
Thank you for the kind reveiw. I hope you don't mind me copying it over to the STL cast msg board so the people involved get to see your compliments.

I don't mind in the slightest!  Performers need to know when they are doing a good job; it lets them know that their hard work is paying off.  Thank you most kindly for passing my humble words along to the cast!

Emerald
IWG #979, IFRP #569, RMG # 614, Bard # 171.
Creator, Owner, & Manager of Williams Entertainment: Home of The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, The Shanty Lasses, Native Souls, & Grand Lake Renaissance Festival.

Once Debauched

Anybody know who the troubadour was at faire Sunday of closing weekend?  He stopped by our table after lunch and and sang this cute little song and I totally forgot to ask who he was!  My daughter was totally mesmerized - they usually sing on stage not come to your table, smile and sing directly to you!
IWG  #3527 Local 29
FOKTOP
ROoL #29

Amyj

It sounds like Tanner...was he at the main pub?  He sang "Swords and Shields" to my nephew Neil...Grandma cried it was so sweet.  Here is a link to a picture of him singing to Neil.  http://rocketgnome.smugmug.com/gallery/5070334_pBjwy#305177375_v5jou-A-LB
From talking to him, he said that the kids are why he performs.  It is just so sweet to see the kids mesmerized by his music!  I think he is personally responsible for more than a few kids going into music or becoming renfants!!!  :)  He is truly wonderful!
I'm not fat, it's just that a skinny body couldn't hold ALL THIS PERSONALITY! ;)
Historically Accur-ISH

Once Debauched

Nope, not Tanner.  Him I know. 

This guy was walking about, big floppy muffin hat and full long red beard.  I was on iTunes and saw a pic of Craig of Farrington, who's music I adore, and I swear it looks like him, but I don't know if he was slated to be at the faire or not. 
IWG  #3527 Local 29
FOKTOP
ROoL #29

jcbanner

He is Craig of Farrington, from Louisiana's Ren Faire.  I beleive he was there as a guest during the last weekend

Once Debauched

Thank ya, thank ya, thank ya!  I now have to write an email!

;D
IWG  #3527 Local 29
FOKTOP
ROoL #29

Lord Clisto of York

Craig does many faires and is a regular at Bristol as well as Ohio and Tennessee. He has a standing order to play for me every morning after gate at Bristol at the Import Pub. He has don it for some years now. Just ask for the Sir Clisto song to. I was just as surprised he made one. LOL Here is his website -

http://www.craigminstrel.com/main_page.htm

Sir Clisto
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished