News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

10 things we DON'T know about you!

Started by Blue66669, July 21, 2008, 01:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue66669

I really enjoyed this on the last go round, and I'm sure some things have probably changed since then. So, give em up, what are 10 things we don't know about you?

1. I collect hair from friends and family. Yep, I have my husband's ponytail in a jar...
2. My daughter is named for my alter ego, Lady Evangelyque.
3. I am completely and utterly OBSESSED with planning events.
4. I'm afraid of clowns, bugs, and lifelike dolls.
5. If I could, I'd go everywhere barefoot.
6. I don't swim in water that I can't see my feet in.
7. I've never seen a lightning bug.
8. My faire hair actually weighs about 5-7 lbs.
9. I never go anywhere without my iPod.
10. I'm completely OCD about almost everything. Control issues LOL....
Blaidd Drwg

Lady Christina de Pond

1. I enjoy gummy bears
2. I Love hiking and the ocean
3. i hate all shoes except for boots yet i have a dozen or more pair of shoes
4. I am the only cowgirl i know who doesn't own a horse.
5. I know how to have a blast at Ren faires when i go alone but i really don't like going alone
6. I really love being a southern girl but i can't wait to move
7. I'm a rebel i don't like being ordered around
8. i refuse to take an Iq test
9. I am a huge fan of the sims
10. I'm an ex-gamer girl being how xbox made me mad

Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

1.) I am a published scenario designer for a Dos based PC game in the 90's (Age of Rifles Scenario Expansion)
2.) I won 2nd place in said design and won $300 in military art. Two are hanging on my wall at home
3.) I used to ride bulls and bareback broncs
4,) I'm third generation born in the US on my mom's dad's side, yet have had direct decendants who fought in the Revolutionary war and American Civil War, and Blackhawke wars on the Suax and Fox side
5.) I have twin 13 year old boys (who live with my ex in Idaho)
6.) I used to be a lead singer rhythm guitarist and sometime keyboard player for an all original heavy metal band in the early 90's (Albion Kross)
7.) Had air play on three major Colorado rock radio stations with said metal band
8.) Used to ride Moto-X for fun but never raced (not good enough)
9.) Have experienced BOTH gender's (Finally in the one I know I was supposed to be in Some know this, some don't)
10.) Grew up on the Quarter Horse race track as my dad used to train Quarter Horses
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

CatAshtrophy

1. My favorite food ever is popcorn.
2. I liked math and physics in school, and I was almost a physics major in college.
3. I have a terrible habbit of chewing ice cubes.
4. I used to play drumset and other percussion instruments like marimba and xylophone.
5. I dislike chocolate, but Kit-kat bars are an exception to this rule.
6. I was a premie when I was born and weighed less than 5 pounds. I was the smallest baby in the regular nursery and so the nurses nicknamed me "Peanut."
7. I played Judo when I was little.
8. Sometimes I dream in French, but have never even been to France. I took French for a total of 6 years.
9. I'm horribly addicted to celebrity gossip websites. I think I should give it up, but I haven't been able to manage to do so yet.
10. I love frogs.

eloquentXI

1. I've been painting and drawing before I could talk.
2. I've never been outside of the United States and I've never been east of Nebraska/Missouri in the United States.
3. I think wet socks are the most disgusting thing ever.
4. I have never lived in a city that has more than a 2000 person population (that changes in a month, I go from a town of 800 to a city of 105,000+).
5. I am, proudfully, the youngest active R/F.com member!
6. Horror movies are my worst enemy, thanks to a overly vivd imagination
7. I could live off of Sonic ice.
8. They almost cut off all of my baby-toes when I was born because they curled funny.
9. I was born just off the Rocky Mountains in Colorado
10. Thanks to faire, everytime I'm interested in a guy, he has to look like he'd look good in a kilt before I'll think about dating him.
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

Lady_Claira

1. I used to look up at the moon and say "I'm going there someday" and then my dad showed me the movie Apollo 13 and I've never wanted to be an astronaut since.
2. I play at least 5 instruments at an intermediate level or higher
3. I own at least 14 different instruments from all over the world.
4. I've been to 10 different countries.
5. I absolutely love thread style rpg's, particularly a star wars one that started on Facebook and then moved to another site for more convenience.
6. I love trance music
7. I make more money working under the table than I do working for actual business. (Yay for still being able to babysit)
8. I don't drink anything carbonated. So no soda or beer or anything like that.
9. I am a sucker for things that taste sickly sweet.
10. I collect porcelain dolls. (I currently have 34 on display in my room)
You see this training pin? It could be yours. You could learn all about wenches! And that's a promise! - My friend Mike

knarlyknot

1. I collect turtles, not live ones.
2. My brother is a missing person.
3. I always dry off in the same order when exiting the bath.
4. I love old books.
5. I hate Barbie, but I do own 2 (Princess of Ireland & Galadriel from LOTR)
6. I'm extremely emotional, must be because I'm a Scorpio.
7. I'm trying to become a vegetarian.
8. I'm a bit OCD.
9. I talk to my Dad almost every day.
10. This was harder than I thought it would be.

Charlotte Rowan

1. I don't really believe in reincarnation, but at the same time I honestly think I might have been a dog in a past life.
2. I don't like any carbonated beverage, except every now and then a hard cider.
3. My normal body temperature is 97.9.
4. I have an anaphylactic allergy to caramel.
5. I refuse to ever use a tanning bed.
6. When I was about 12 years old, I sponsored a child in Africa for about a year.
7. I absolutely abhor the tradition of the bouquet toss at weddings.
8. I love my last name, but I can't wait to change it! (Those of you who know my middle and last name know why!)
9. I hate talking on the phone.
10. Swimming in lakes and indoor pools grosses me out, but the ocean and (most) outdoor pools are okay.
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

Gwen aka Punstergal

1. When I was a kid I LIVED at an amusement park which was one of the longest surviving permanent (non-seasonal) youth attractions in the state of Texas.
2. My family sold the Texas Renaissance Festival the carousel that they bought and refurbished in around 1989.
3. I graduated valedictorian of my highschool (about 245 students in my class).
4. I have an almost 15 month old daughter that I'm teaching sign language to.
5. I LOVE cooking food combinations that people think are really weird until they try them and find out that somehow they work together (I put chopped black olives, pickles, tomatoes, spinach, and yellow corn in my tuna, for instance, before I serve it on wheat or dark pita).
6. I am a rope artist, in that I both make things out of rope by tying strange knots and such, and that I can do decorative tying on people for costuming, concept art, and fashion or fetish photography.
7. I enjoy doing photo-manipulation and am teaching myself more tricks in GIMP so that maybe I can start doing some freelance artwork from home as another source of income (all my work has been for personal use or bartered for other folks work so far).
8. I am a total environment/energy conservation nut and write articles for various forums about things you can do in your own home to save money & energy and leave a smaller footprint on the world.
9. I'm addicted to Doctor Who!
10. LISTS are one of my favorite things in the world. I sometimes find old notebooks just full of lists that I have made.
"Hell hath no fury like an enraged Gryphon Master"

RumbaRue

1. Have a geode/rock collections

2. Play 12 string guitar - well it's been many years and my singing voice isn't what it use to be.....yes I still have the guitar.

3. I love fishing fresh or saltwater pier fishing

4. I like saltwater taffy and Rolos

5. I have three birds, a parakeet, a Mustached Parakeet, and a Senegal Parrot

6. I have six cats, Shadow-17, Smoke-16, Magic-7, Jasper and Kiki - 4, and Luna-2.

7. I have two calico Betas in a special divided tank so that they can see each other, but not kill each other. BTW-great fun to watch - you can buy the divided tank at Petco.

8. I write poetry (there will be a book soon in winter/early spring with some of my work and others doing Pirate poetry for sale)

9. I enjoy giving gifts to people who don't expect anything

10. I am a Star Wars fan -but not a fanatic

and just because,

11. I love to laugh!

Being Blond means I have the right to walk into any wall.

*Teach*

1- I have a son who just graduated and is starting college this year
2- I met and married my wonderful wife at TRF (ok ya'll prolly knew that one)
3- I'm a nerd who loves learning new stuff regardless of what it is
4- I am certified (and qualified) to teach any science class from 6th grade on up.
5- I am (probably) starting school this spring to become a principal (no one I know would have ever thought that growing up)
6- I barely graduated high school because I was lazy (they thought I was a bit slow... with an IQ of about 147... nope, just bored and lazy)
7- I prefer working in schools with poorer kids because I feel needed.
8- I prefer watching cartoons to regular TV or movies (Pixar and Disney are my favs)
9- I love canned vienna sausages (dont eat it often because hey... I'm fluffy enough)
10- I really enjoy cooking and learning new tricks (which is how I got into loki making)

*11- I really like rum... a lot... a whole lot... way more than I probably should*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

SirRichardBear

1.   I love old B/W movies
2.   I love books
3.   I hate video/computer games
4.   Can't stand the beach or Ocean but wanted to be a sailor growing up
5.   I hate all popular sports
6.   I like the dark.
7.   Can't stand loud, music or noise of any kind except for fire works and explosions.
8.   Hate crowds
9.   Have not watch network TV in 30 years have not seen any of the popular TV programs  everyone seems to be always talking about
10.   Roller coasters and amusement parks bore me
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

Whistler Fred

1)   I've been fascinated with trains since I was a kid.
2)   I have an embarrassingly large amount of CD's, everything from the complete works of J.S. Bach to Led Zeppelin (no disco, rap, or hip-hop, however – I'm terminally unhip when it comes to post '70s pop).
3)   I love the sound of medieval and renaissance period instruments.
4)   I go to a church where the pastor is an African-American woman and the choir director plays guitar in a heavy metal band.
5)   I participate, and occasionally game master, in a super-heroic RPG called Champions.
6)   I played the piccolo solo in "Stars & Stripes Forever" on July 4, 1976.
7)   I first met my wife of some 28 plus years while on tour with my college choir.  I still think she's beautiful.
8 )   I once played in a "garage" rock band at a party for deaf people.
9)   I've played flute works written by Aaron Copland and Samuel Barber in front of both composers.
10)   While in college, I briefly took violin lessons.  Don't remember a thing about them now!
Whistler Fred (Lauritzen)

"Get ready for the Whistler.  I'll whistle along on the seventh day."  Ian Anderson

nliedel

1. All four of my kids have issues. Two are adopted and two birth. We have Tourette's, Autism, Fetal alcohol syndrome and Asperger's.
2. I am more than half crazy, see number one.
3. I've been married for thirteen years.
4. I'm running a marathon this fall.
5. I hope to compete in an Ironman next fall.
6. My Spouse is my best buddy, but he's closely followed by my Siberian Husky, who is my running partner.
7. I've lost thirty pounds in three months (Training) and am not fitting into my clothes. Which would be wonderful, if I was not constantly taking in my garb.
8. I think I'm going to do well as a character at MIRF, but I'm secretly terrified I'm going to be a dork.
9. I'm in complete and total awe of some of the people at MIRF. They know more than I ever will about tons of things and they've been more than kind to me.
10. If I could be in a ren cast year round, I'd pack the kids up and head on out. Ask me about that one at the close of season. I might change my mind.
My journey from mundane to Ren Actor

CapnFayeCutler

1 - I have a degree in Biology and Geology, and I'd rather spend all day and night outdoors. (okay some know that)
2 - I'm obsessed with sports - Especially football and hockey
3 - I've got OCD - I count steps as I walk, I eat one thing at a time, I don't let my food touch, I like things balanced and even, etc...
4 - Despite this, I am NOT a clean freak by any means
5 - I hate brown m&m's...I'm sorry but they taste different
6 - I wear socks two days in a row, IF I even wear socks.
7 - I collect movie ticket stubs and fortunes from fortune cookies
8 - Up until a couple of weeks ago, I had never tried sushi. I did, and I LOVE IT (Thanks Blue!)
9 - I can out belch most men (oh wait some of y'all know that too)
10 -  I'm a spelunking camping hiking fossil hunter. Rockhounds unite!
Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE