News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

10 things we DON'T know about you!

Started by Blue66669, July 21, 2008, 01:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tammy

Ok...I'll play along...
1. My great great grandmother grew up near Annie Oakley...and could out shoot her. I have an ivory rose pen that belonged to Annie. They stayed friends, and my grandpa has letters from Annie to her.
2. I married my high school sweetheart...separated from him 11 days after our 5th anniversary.
3. I can also touch my nose with my tongue, form the taco, and an upside down taco.
4. I rescued a raccoon. She's my life. (Ok...so some of you might know that.) She'll be a year old in June!
5. My first tattoo was in 1996, and it's of a raccoon. I had no idea I'd ever have one (raccoon)!
6. I love to make websites using HTML code and Notepad.
7. I was a card carrying member of the Boy Scouts of America (I'm a GIRL!)
8. I've partied with the Hell's Angels.
9. My grandpa played drums for Dean Martin one night.
10. I have an obsessive personality...which makes the "take it a day/step at a time" stage of dating SO HARD! I can't stand to not know if he likes me as a friend, or actually wants to date me...or just has plans on trying to use me. I'm SO tired of the last one!!!!!!!  :'(

Ok...that's enough...
Royal Protector of Raccoons, Mistress of the Poi, Best Friend of Windland/Nim, Guppy, Seamstress for The Feisty Lady.

Zoë

Quote from: Tammy on March 05, 2009, 12:47:21 AM

How did that one work out?
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Bugsy

1)  I've had the nickname Bugsey since I was born (actually it's Bugsey Bear)

2)  I can be veryyyyyy shy.  Don't mistake that for snobbery!

3)  I haven't had my hair cut in probably 10 years.  It wont grow any longer than it is.

4)  I will do everything I can to avoid getting water on my face.  yes, that means I don't wash it!  lol, eww.

5)  I have never tried sushi and never will.  I will also never eat strawberries or parmesan cheese ever again.

6)  I groomed a horse last weekend!!!  that's a huge deal, because I hate them! lol.  But, it was just too gorgeous.  I think it's name was Guinness.

7)  I love having different lifestyles, I'll try all of them.  In high school I was a cheerleader, but wore tie-dye and went to Phish concerts.  I can mesh with about any 'group'.

8.)  I have a small obsession with Elvis

9) 

i'll have to fill in the last 2 later.  it's dinner time!
Elvish dragonfly
Castleteer
Bugs'n M'Crack Clan O'Maille
sister of Lady Pegos

Jack Daw at Work

I suppose it's my turn:

1.  I'm a blood relative of a noteworthy pioneer aviator (in the record books, but probably not in many history texts);
2.  I was an exceptional trumpet player in junior high and high school and won a few awards;
3.  I played jazz trumpet in a stage band for a time, but now I can't touch the instrument;
4.  I have 3 college degrees and I'm still an idiot;
5.  You still don't know what I wear under my kilt;
6.  I've never smoked pot;
7.  My word is my bond;
8.  With the Alamo Challenge charity, I road my bike from Houston to San Antonio one year;
9.  My 2 best friends I've had for 34 years;
10.  I started out as a lefty, but can do pretty much anything with both hands.
Steve "Jack Daw" McIntyre

"The honour the Sleat Carpenter obtained...is still preserved for his descendants."

Tammy

Quote from: Zoë on March 05, 2009, 02:17:45 PM
Quote from: Tammy on March 05, 2009, 12:47:21 AM

How did that one work out?

hehehe.....I was in an after school computer program that was sponsored by the Boy Scouts...so we all got membership cards.  ;D
Royal Protector of Raccoons, Mistress of the Poi, Best Friend of Windland/Nim, Guppy, Seamstress for The Feisty Lady.

Keno

1) I love to travel.
2) I rather make things than go out drinking..
3) I over plan things so I can cut out all the crazy ideas.
4) I make my homes into a inner world.
5) I'm always trying to learn something in the dumbest times.
6) I know when something bad is going to happen..
7) I know that I'm going to be alone.
8) Sometimes I wish I would just run away and start over.
9) I'm a cat person.
10) I'm a photographer and a script writer, maybe a movie maker when I get my camera.
This years travels 2013

Performing
Travelers Cross Faire in Strang, Oklahoma

Vending
Iowa Renaissance Festival in Amana Colonies, Iowa
Iowa-Minnesota Pirate Festival in Clear Lake, Iowa
Des Moines Renaissance Faire in Des Moines, iowa

AnyuBoo

While waiting for the kids to come home and testing out my new "Borg Implant" (Miracle Ear-type listening device that hooks on one ear), I think I'll give this a try as well.

1. I was born in Budapest. (It's possible that some might already know this about me...)
2. Because of #1, English isn't my 1st language (it's also not my 2nd...that was German as I lived in Austria before coming to Canada, but because of the intensive study to learn English, I can remember only a little of the German).
3. When I was a kid, intensive speech therapy classes caused me to develop a bit of a speech impediment.  (The classes were to get me to be able to properly pronounce the English "R" and "TH".  Well, I can do that now, it just sometimes takes me a few tries to get anything out.)
4. It took me well into my adult years to at least partially overcome my fear of needles.  (Enough to get an IV when needed and to not freak out at the dentist.)  :P
5. Despite my fear of needles, I want to get a tattoo (or two).  I have in mind the Fianna glyph (Werewolf RPG) and the Hungarian crest.
6. I have what is defined as "moderate" hearing loss, but many people don't notice because I can read their lips and fill in the blanks of what I don't hear. (Hence partly the reason why I rarely look people in the eye...I'm too busy watching their lips.)
7. Like so many others here, I too, am one of the "very shy till you get to know me" club.
8. I can write with both hands...and both feet.  (According to hubby, that's just freaky.)  :D
9. I'm seemingly afraid of heights, but it's not heights I'm afraid of, per se, just falling. (I love to fly, and have no qualms about being at the edge of a cliff...just so long as there's a sturdy plane keeping me in the sky, or a nice railing at the edge of the cliff.)  :)
10. I met Restaurant Makeover's chef David Adjey just a few days ago at the local mall.  THAT was neat (he's really a nice guy).
When everything seems to be coming your way...
...you're in the wrong lane!

Lady Pagos

Ok, here goes:

1. I spent my high school years in boarding school
2. I was in a sorority
3. I majored in Botany/Microbiology and minored in Sociology and Environmental Studies
4. I LOVE LOVE LOVE bugs!  I find them absolutely AMAZING!
5. My absolute favorite place I have visited is the Galapagos Islands.  I cried so hard when I had to leave....
6. I have riflery awards from the NRA
7. I was fortunate enough to visit the rainforests of Panama.  I'm all for saving them, but I doubt I will ever return.
8. I'm a water snob.  Not just any bottled water will do for me :)
9. I love watching cooking shows but I'm an awful cook.  Sometimes I screw up toast.
10. When I was little I collected EVERYTHING!  Buttons, marbles, rocks, quarters, pennies, erasers, turtles and unicorns to name a few....
Pagos M'Crack
Sister of Bugsey
Loveland Castleteer