News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Sherwood clothing vendors?

Started by 609wood, March 02, 2014, 07:25:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

609wood

How well is Sherwood fixed for clothing vendors?  I basically need to reoutfit and am looking for some simple ren/mid e peasant garb. You know, Need, shirt, pants and a hat. I know the boots could run into the hundreds so I need to skip those for now. I will be driving in from Houston and hope its worth the trip. But it Sounds awesome.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PollyPoPo

Quite a few vendors there.   

RenShirts has quite a selection you might be interested in. They have a website presence (renshirts.com).

At the main Sherwood website (www.sherwoodforestfaire.com/) there is a listing of most of the vendors, some with links to short description of what they carry.  It's a good starting point especially if you are familiar with the shoppes.  Some have websites, just google 'em.

There is also something that I believe is unique to Sherwood:  a pawnshop.  They have all kinds of "stuff" as well as a couple racks of clothing.  Perhaps you might find some gently used garb that some patron as put on consignment as they themselves are changing their image (aka climbing the social ladder from peasant to merchant to noble). 
Polly PoPo
(aka Grannie)

RenStarr

Check out the ZootZu shop.  Good selection and very resonable prices.

http://stores.ebay.com/zootzu
Spiced rum....hmmmmm
Greetings, try this.
Starr Gazzer.
2013 TRF AHE RenNado.....heck of a night

Crimson

The Pawn shop is a great place to find gently worn items.  I saw some great stuff there from clothing to weapons to accessories.  It's across from the jousting arena.  As mentioned, Zootzu is a great place to start with reasonably priced garb.

I will just relay a bit of information about Moresca, a shop at Sherwood.  A clan member bought a bodice there first weekend this season.  Saturday as she was getting dressed some of the metal boning started poking out of the bottom of the bodice.  She went into the store to see if they could fix it and the store offered her duct tape.  DUCT TAPE!  We all assumed maybe they'd take it for a week, try to hand stitch over the place where it was poking out and she could pick it up next weekend.  Many vendors at ren faires will do that.  They just offered duct tape.  You may have a different experience but I will not buy from Moresca.
Lady Crimson Cadena

Clan of the Celtic Rogues
TRF
Sherwood Forest Faire (Home faire)

"I know who I WAS when I got up this morning, but I think I must have been changed several times since then" - Alice

Merlin the Elder

I would strongly advise checking back with them and speaking to someone different. They have always been quite responsive to my lady's needs. Our experience has always been favourable in their shoppe.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Lady Renee Buchanan

I own 3 Moresca bodices, Sufi pants, a belt, a skirt, and more.  My first purchase was at Scarborough, and they spent over 2 hours with me to make sure everything was perfect.

The rest of the garb I bought several different times online, and they were wonderful to work with.  I agree, your friend should go back and speak with a manager, or at the very least, contact them via their website.

This is the first time ever that I've heard a complaint about Moresca.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Hercules

There are a few Dra shirts available, as well as WARM cloaks, at Mystic Cloak in the back close to the Falconer stage.
Save the Earth (it's the only one with beer)!

Crimson

Thanks for the input Merlin and Lady Renee.  I will tell her to go back and try again to get the bodice fixed at Moresca.
Lady Crimson Cadena

Clan of the Celtic Rogues
TRF
Sherwood Forest Faire (Home faire)

"I know who I WAS when I got up this morning, but I think I must have been changed several times since then" - Alice

JackGonzo, MD

I do know Moresca is based out in I want to say New York so I'm not sure how quickly a turn around there could actually be, but I would suggest trying to contact them via their website as well and explain the situation as the others have said they have great customer service.
On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.