News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Congratulations R/F Forums - 2nd Place!!!

Started by Amyj, March 03, 2014, 07:49:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amyj

Congratulations all for being voted 2nd place in the Renaissance Festival Awards for "Best Faire Web Community"!!!  Huzzah!!! 
And congratulations to all the winners!

http://renaissancefestivalmusic.com/2014/winners-of-the-9th-annual-renaissance-festival-awards-of-2013/
I'm not fat, it's just that a skinny body couldn't hold ALL THIS PERSONALITY! ;)
Historically Accur-ISH

Rowan MacD

Hmmm, kinda comparing apple to oranges there. 

Pa Renaissance faire community is just one faire, ours is ALL of them.

There are enough multi-festival websites to have separate categories for this-like 'Best General Renaissance Information/Directory site' and 'Best individual faire site'.
  They already breakdown the musical, comedy and street performers down by genre and category; you'd think they would do it for this one.
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Norfolk

Quote from: Rowen MacD on March 03, 2014, 09:08:26 AM

There are enough multi-festival websites to have separate categories for this-like 'Best General Renaissance Information/Directory site' and 'Best individual faire site'.
  They already breakdown the musical, comedy and street performers down by genre and category; you'd think they would do it for this one.

Well said, Rowan!
Just call me "Your Grace"

Merlin the Elder

I hesitate to put too much credence into that poll. It's nice to be recognized, but how does one vote for "the best" if one has only been to a single faire?  Not being critical---more pragmatic, I think.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Feline Groovy

Quote from: Rowen MacD on March 03, 2014, 09:08:26 AM

Suggest it to them on their website.
Where was I going and how do I get there?

Cap'n Hunnar Graybeard

Merlin and Rowan make valid points.

I sent a message to Marc Gunn, who runs the Renaissance Festival Podcast, to let him know he might want to consider this.
IPB Clan Chieftain - Clan Williams (Kansas)
Crew of The Bayou Scoundrel
Landshark #58