News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

King Louis IX wanted!

Started by Magdalene 1024, March 03, 2014, 06:16:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalene 1024

Not really a first-time poster, but I think my old account must have gone bye-bye.  Sorry!

To all Ren Faire performers in the Greater St. Louis Area: I have a message from a lady I went to high school with who is currently on the Board of Directors for the Valley of the Flowers Festival (Florissant). As you may be aware, this year the City of St. Louis' 250th birthday.

The Board was thinking it would be grand if perhaps King Louis IX would be the Grand Marshall of the Valley of the Flowers parade, and lead the parade (perhaps on horseback?), and wanted to make contact with the correct people from the Greater St. Louis Renaissance Festival to see if this could be possible.

She does wish to be upfront and advise that this will likely not be a paid gig, as VOF is a non-profit, but they are willing to consider special recognition.

If the right people are reading this are interested, please contact me and I will give you her contact information (or if you prefer, I can give her yours.)

Thank you for your time!

Magdalene of the Colorado Renaissance Faire (greyhound booth)