News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

TRF Job Faire

Started by Randal, July 22, 2008, 07:38:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randal

FYI, TRF Job Faire is rapidly approaching. August 9th & 10th. I'll be there, so if you see me, stop and say "Hi!"

If you want to know more about working at TRF, please feel free to ask. If I can't answer, I'm sure that some of our other members will.

Randal
Vive Ut Vive

Ginette

I want to work TRF SO bad.  But my husband wont consider it unless I can get a friend to work it with me. The husband's worried for my safety and that I'll never leave faire.
Weddings & Events at Sherwood Forest Faire.
PR for life!

Randal

I can understand him being worried for your safety, the commute back and forth to Austin can be quite perilous.  ;)

Honestly, as a participant, I've never felt that my safety was in danger. There is an ample Security presence on site, and access to the participant areas is limited. The only confrontations I have witnessed have involved Patrons who have over-indulged.  In every case, these have been handled quickly. Yes, there is one notable exception, but I did not witness that, and it occurred off site, in Patrons parking.

Personally, I would be more concerned for my safety in the Patron Camping area. Access is open to anyone willing to pay, even if they won't be attending faire, and while there is a Security presence, it isn't as pervasive as on site. I haven't camped in Patrons in several years now, so perhaps someone who has will weigh in with their experiences.

Working with a friend would actually be a great idea, as you could split the gas and other expenses.

Why not come out for the Job Faire, and see what you think? Make a day of it, watch the presentation, wander the grounds, and maybe even meet up with a few friends. That's why I go. Otherwise, I'd just call/email my employer and let them know I'll be there for Opening day.

Randal
Vive Ut Vive

Ginette

Thanks for the advise, I'll pass it along to my husband!
PR for life!

Blue66669

Ginette, I'm working TRF this year. You are more than welcome to come and camp with me. If your husband needs my references, um, well, make em up. I doubt anyone here will give me a gold star for good behavior.
Blaidd Drwg

knarlyknot

I'll give you a gold star for bad behavior! ;D

Ginette

Quote from: knarlyknot on July 24, 2008, 11:53:21 AM
I'll give you a gold star for bad behavior! ;D

Now we're talking!! 

Thanks for having my back, I'll definitely let the husband know.
PR for life!

Randal

Quote from: blue66669 on July 24, 2008, 11:18:26 AM
I doubt anyone here will give me a gold star for good behavior.

For good behavior, no.  :(

For attitude, yes.  ;D

Randal
Vive Ut Vive