News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Getting Ready For Faire. What do you do?

Started by Will Gamwell, July 22, 2008, 09:54:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dallan

Fight'n

Will Gamwell

PurpleDragon

Karl "Dragon" Wolff
The Pirates Cove

Bin Ich SCHLECHT? Ja BIN Ich.

renren

Think I'm gonna put rum in my flask this time!
Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

lilaney

Start by panicking around October, (when SCREAMS is in full swing).
Determine if I really do have to take out the garb and resize it, again.
Ponder the thought of just making another outfit.
(from the ground up is less pain than man-handling an already 'perfect', even if it is two sizes too big, dress)
Get talked out of it, by SO who states that food is more important.
Actually have the conversation as to why this food is the priority and how cheaply I
can make a gown and just eat peanut butter and tuna for three months.
Start inventory.
Try to find all the stuffs I have loaned out over the season, figure what of these items I can do without, and what I need back.
Start working out, again. (Lower back particularly, and core muscles)
Get calls from friends who want their stuffs back, cause they need it for next season.
Start saving money specifically for Faire.
Find all my Faire boxes and bags and dump out everybody else's stuff and put my garb back in them.
Ensure my RIT he can have his 'Fort' back in June.

That's pretty much it for the ritual. All that takes about four months.

Captain Jack Wolfe

"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

Welsh Wench

Quote from: Mad Jack Wolfe on August 05, 2008, 07:14:17 PM
Quote from: renren on August 05, 2008, 04:02:51 PM
Think I'm gonna put rum in my flask this time!

My flask bit the dust.

Have you frisked Blue
He's wily.  :D
Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

renren

Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

fluffy tail

-Start sewing around Christmas (I hate to rush) because I'll be pressed into service to sew someone else something. So I get mine done early.
-Mend what needs fixing.
-Give boss notice when I'm not working on Saturdays. (They hunt so they do understand)
-Check and see that everything is ready and all pieces are there.
-Then if we go out of state: plan where to stay, route, kennel dog and pack car.
IWG #3371
Royal Wine Taster
Tinker #2
FOKTOP
landshark #38

PurpleDragon

Quote from: Mad Jack Wolfe on August 05, 2008, 07:14:17 PM

My flask bit the dust.

Great Neptunes Ghost... a Pirate without his flask is like... is like... Well, I don't even want to imagine what that is like.  ~shudder~ May the Goddess smile upon ye again soon with another flask.
Karl "Dragon" Wolff
The Pirates Cove

Bin Ich SCHLECHT? Ja BIN Ich.

remission

Quote from: Dallan on July 31, 2008, 01:21:17 PM
For home faire, MDRF, not much but when traveling to faire we learned a lesson the hard way. No matter how sure we are that we packed each set of garb away in its entirety the last time it was worn; we now pull it all out and inventory everything, then repack it so it can go into the car. It was a real bummer to be two states away to find we had over looked a couple items.

What other faire's do you go to that are close by?  There's not much to prepare for, for the MDRF, since there is no camping, or weapons allowed .. *sigh* A shame. Im envious of others. I would love to try the camping thing, and didn't go to Penssic .Maybe next year.

May try out PA Renn sometime though, I've only eve been to the MD one.

maelstrom0370

Quote from: remission on August 10, 2008, 08:38:49 AM

What other faire's do you go to that are close by?  There's not much to prepare for, for the MDRF, since there is no camping, or weapons allowed .. *sigh* A shame. Im envious of others. I would love to try the camping thing, and didn't go to Penssic .Maybe next year.

Is there a campground near-by?  There's no camping at MiRF either, but there's a campground less than 2 miles or so from the Faire site.  I drive the RV (so's we haz a places to lives) and she drives the Aztec (so's we haz sumthin to get to and from Fairez) and all is right with the world!  ;D

remission

Not sure if there is a campground by there. It is not that far from me, so i can normally just go up and back. But I would love to try the camping thing. I haven't  really ever been on a camping trip, other then 1 time at Pennsic 10 years ago with my ex bellydancer girlfriend.

maelstrom0370

Quote from: remission on August 10, 2008, 09:17:36 AM
Not sure if there is a campground by there. It is not that far from me, so i can normally just go up and back. But I would love to try the camping thing. I haven't  really ever been on a camping trip, other then 1 time at Pennsic 10 years ago with my ex bellydancer girlfriend.

LOL I'm not sure I'm legally allowed to call it "camping" as we borrow my parents 35' RV!  ::)  But it's all fun anyways!  :D

Dallan

Quote from: remission on August 10, 2008, 08:38:49 AM
Quote from: Dallan on July 31, 2008, 01:21:17 PM
For home faire, MDRF, not much but when traveling to faire we learned a lesson the hard way. No matter how sure we are that we packed each set of garb away in its entirety the last time it was worn; we now pull it all out and inventory everything, then repack it so it can go into the car. It was a real bummer to be two states away to find we had over looked a couple items.

We made it to PARF for the fist time last year and will probably go again this year. We've been going to VARF the last few years. It's totally different from MDRF and we love it. We also went to NCRF this spring and are planning on CRF this fall. That will be 5 different faires this year. Charlotte, NC will be the longest drive for faire so far at 7 hours. I don't think we can go much further with the boys (11 and 6).
Fight'n