News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

"LARP" at Bristol?

Started by groomporter, July 10, 2008, 09:14:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

groomporter

Probably not an actual full LARP (Live-Action Role Playing game), but I just noticed on their website that Bristol is doing some sort of inter-active theater/ role-play game. Any word on how it's well it has gone so far?

http://www.renfair.com/bristol/interactive/renQuest_info.php
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

skrid the brown

I checked it out and seemed more of a "treasure hunt" for a lack of better words.  Its like, go here and watch this, tell me what such and such said.  My wife and I have season tickets and they wanted $100 bucks for the season....I'll pass!

groomporter

dspotz

You can also pay $10 per day or $15 per weekend.

DeadBishop

That price seems a little excessive for something their trying out for the first time.  $5 a day seems more reasonable for a new activity nobody has had the opportunity to try yet.

R/F.com member since 2003

groomporter

Vartha

I was curious about this too.

dspotz

Quote from: Deadbishop on July 11, 2008, 11:01:16 AM
That price seems a little excessive for something their trying out for the first time.  $5 a day seems more reasonable for a new activity nobody has had the opportunity to try yet.

That does seem a bit steep, considering its $15 more for the season than it is for a season pass to get in the faire.
I am going today,so I'll try to find out more info to post.

sealion

I'd love to see a review of this. It sounds like it could be fun but I don't get why I should have to pay an additional fee to play.
Cindy/Ciana Leonardi di Firenze/Captain Cin

skrid the brown

Hello,

I figured it was a little too much for us as well.  Im sure it would be fun but Id rather drop that 100 on some drink and food!!! ARAGGHHH!!!

dspotz

sealion

That strikes me as more of an advertisement than a true unbiased review but thanks for sharing.
Cindy/Ciana Leonardi di Firenze/Captain Cin

dspotz

Most of what I've seen about it kinda comes off that way.