News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

The Longs Peaks Scottish/Irish Highland Festival Estes Park, CO

Started by Capt Gabriela Fullpepper, July 22, 2008, 04:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

The Longs Peaks Scottish/Irish Highland Festival while not quite a Renaissance Festival does have it's share of Playtons and plenty of men in Kilts. You gotta love a man in a kilt.

It's been going on for 32 years now in Beautiful Estes Park, CO and takes place the first weekend in September usually. The festival has many games including the Champsionship Combat jousting and yes they DO full on combat jousting. One knight broke a collar bone last year and continued to joust even with the pain of a broken bone.

This festival goes on rain, snow, sleet or shine. It's fun to go as they have Trebuches that fire every hour as do the cannons.

Dressing in Scottish/Irish apparel is highly recommended and if your our part of one of the clan's, then join them at their tents.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

eloquentXI

This is on my list of things to go to, as I was practically raised in Estes (my grandparents have lived up there for over 20 years now)...and especially now that I'm a Rennie!

I've heard its a great amount of fun! Wish I could make it this year but alas, not with my first semester and all :(
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)