News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Question About "Show Unread Posts"

Started by Lady Renee Buchanan, July 22, 2008, 09:14:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Renee Buchanan

Is there any way to change the time frame on this?  What I mean is, sometimes I can only log in for a few minutes and look at 1 or 2 threads.  When I come back later, it only shows the posts since the last visit, which doesn't necessarily include the posts that I didn't have time to read earlier.

I know you can scroll down and look at the whole forum and look to see in each thread when the last post was, but if there was a way to show like, "posts since last visit," "posts in the last 6 hours," "posts in the last 12 hours," etc.  It doesn't have to be exactly that time frame, but just if you knew the last time you were on reading the forums was yesterday at 11 pm, then you could go back 24 hours (or 12 or 6 or 8, whatever would be available) and look at those posts.

I really liked that feature on the old forum, not meaning to compare or criticize, but there are times when I can't sit through 7 pages of posts since my last visit, and then when I come on again, they aren't always available to see.

Thanks to all administrators for making RF the best site on the web, IMHO.   ;D
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

DeadBishop

No change can be made from what I can find. That's what made the old form so great.  You could choose the timeframe of how far back you wanted to filter for new posts.  It's easy to miss new posts with this forum, but it's better than nothing I guess?

R/F.com member since 2003

Lord Figaro

It's definitely something I miss from the old boards.
Those who do not remember their past are condemned to repeat their mistakes.

George Santayana

willin

even after all the time spent in this new forum & learning it's unique features,
i still don't feel as comfortable or maneuver about as well as i did at the original site.
   i guess i got old and set in my ways 
GOT FEET ?