News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

One thing I love about faire...

Started by Demetrius, July 22, 2008, 11:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Spleen

The pagentry, the color, the garb (sometimes women in tights!) (sometimes women in kilts!) Improv, and innuendo, a look, the color of peoples eyes....really, the smiles, walking with a purpose and intent up and down the hills of CRF,  The cannon, the caralon bells, The music and voices that compliment eachother, The professor ( I always learn something from him each year), A slap across me face (Provocatively Planned, yet packed with a wallop.....Oh Mistress?.....SMACK!), The food, the ales, the surprises such as an onstage marriage proposal while singing a bit, quips and comments, freestyle play,  Enjoying a contest.....being in one or just watching, Knowing you'll probably see these characters/people again at another faire down the road, the diversity in people who work faire, ........ knowing you have touched someone in some way by the look in their eyes, and the smile on their faces.

Ok..... too many "just one things", to mention just one.

Demetrius

I love the incredible patience our patrons display. Sunday must have been "Chicken Madness" day because we sold more chicken in one hour than the last seven years combined!!

Naturally, we ran out of chicken for a short time- but the customers were awesome! They could see how busy we were and they waited without complaint. I think they actually like watching what we do and we have a captive audience.

It is great to be in a place where you can have fun in the midst of total chaos.
Truth teller of exceptional proportion...
Proud to be a part of the Colorado Renaissance Festival...

Nixie

I love the jokes, and humor, and ability to laugh and blush.
Seeing how most people in real life can't make me blush, blushing seems new every year.

RenRobin

Men in tights!.....as Kilts has already been mentioned. :o :o
Loki-terr (in training)

Demetrius

It's a great place to get married!!!     :)

Truth teller of exceptional proportion...
Proud to be a part of the Colorado Renaissance Festival...

LilyFairy

the friendly people, the curious people, the kids, the whole atmosphere!!!