News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Camping?

Started by Saoirse_Anam, May 25, 2010, 09:32:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saoirse_Anam

My friend and I decided to camp Opening Weekend this year, but we don't know anybody who's done it before and are wondering how exactly it works. I've gathered from past posts that the site is just down the road by the police station, but how much does it cost (no RV or anything, just a tent) and is there a certain area the renfolk tend to be in? I don't want to be out in the boonies and have to trek all the way over to the fun  :P
Do it not for glory or profit but to create out of the materials of the human spirit something that did not exist before

Ladyfair

there are 4 campgrounds near faire off dixie hwy.  yogi bear...greenoaks i think and holly rec mcginnis lake.
all are around 2o bucks and all accomadate tents.
Lady Penny Clan Sutcliff - MI Chieftess
2013 Penny family Gathering Sept 7-8
Ren Vet
IWG Wench #3523

flidais

We like camping at the Holly Rec area.  I think we stayed there four weekends last year. 
There usually isn't a particular area where the rennies stay.  Last year, closer to faire we all PM'd each other to see where each other would be and some of us got together for bbq's.  Fun stuff!!!

NefariousDrO

I've always camped at least one weekend at the Holly State recreation area, it's been a really nice place to camp out for the faire.

PiperRose

So me and my friend are new to camping this year as well, and we're looking into the Holly Rec. Area as well. I just have one question, which is probably something well known but...can you bring your own wood into the site or do you have to buy it there??????

flidais

You have to buy your wood there. 

NefariousDrO

The whole east side of the state is still under the "firewood quarantine" in a vain attempt to slow down yet another invasive species (In this case the Emerald Ash Borer) but I know from a friend of mine who used to work for the state's forestry division on that containment project that they've pretty much abandoned the effort several years ago, now, so I don't understand why they still have the quarantine in effect. Bureaucrats.