News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Online Printers

Started by renfairephotog, July 06, 2008, 07:22:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

renfairephotog

I'm looking for options for online print shops. Somewhere I can upload photos and have clients choose which ones they want to order. This will keep me from having to print myself or burn cds.

Has anyone use the printing services of Shutterfly, Dot photo, PhotoWorks, others.

How do their prints look.

How was their service?
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

DeadBishop

I hear mixed reviews about all of them; from price, turn around time, image quality, paper quality, etc.  Many of these online print shops offer a few free prints to new customers.  My best advice would be to select a few shots and have them printed at all of these online labs so you can compare the same photo side by side for yourself. 

R/F.com member since 2003

AbleArcher

I use SmugMug.  Fantastic hosting.  I just spoke to one of my engagement shoot clients tonight, and he ordered some prints from them last week.  He was very impressed.  Smugmug allows you all sorts of customization too.  You can choose which products you want to offer, as well as pricing. I use it for all of my weding and sports shooting.  I have ben very pleased with them.

renfairephotog

I have a Shutterfly basic account. I like the work but want to see other places prints. I'll testa few this week. See who has better service and who takes less of a take from the sales.
Fairy photographer

AbleArcher

My RenFair galleris do not have any profit margin listed.  You can try out using my gallery and buy some cheap prints.  Supposedly, SmuMug upgraded the shopping cart last week.

http://www.iflphoto.com/Carolina%20RenFest%202007

-Josh

renfairephotog

I placed my Dot Photo order at 10:30 last Night  It was shipped at 730 today.  That's pretty quick let's see how good they look.
Fairy photographer

renfairephotog

I placed my Shutterfly order July 6 10:55 PM. They shipped July 9 3:00 PM plus have an ETA listed in the email. Something dot photo did not have.
Fairy photographer

renfairephotog

The dotphoto 8x10's came today they look real nice. But the stupid post office creases them. Not real bad but hey if you see DotPHOTO on a shipping label and the word PHOTO, don't shove it in a mail box.
Fairy photographer

AbleArcher

Quote from: renfairephotog on July 10, 2008, 10:44:03 PM
The dotphoto 8x10's came today they look real nice. But the stupid post office creases them. Not real bad but hey if you see DotPHOTO on a shipping label and the word PHOTO, don't shove it in a mail box.

I just got a nice order from Mpix.com, and the photos came in little vellum baggies, taped down to stiff cardboard, shipped in a stiff cardboard container.  I have never gotten a ruined print when ordering from them.  They do fantastic work and I was very pleased.

gypsylakat

Quote from: AbleArcher on July 11, 2008, 12:06:26 AM
Quote from: renfairephotog on July 10, 2008, 10:44:03 PM

I just got a nice order from Mpix.com, and the photos came in little vellum baggies, taped down to stiff cardboard, shipped in a stiff cardboard container.  I have never gotten a ruined print when ordering from them.  They do fantastic work and I was very pleased.

I would assume the cardboard mailers would be  the way pictures should always be mailed.. the bf's and I's prom/formal pictures were always done that way... Silly photo mailers...
"A kiss can be a comma, a question mark or an exclamation point.
That's basic spelling that every woman ought to know."

starrrshots

I host my pics on zenfolio, they use mpix as their printing service,

you can set your folders several ways
1. no print ordering
2. prints ordered at lab base price
3. set your own prices for prints