News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Photos

Started by Capt Gabriela Fullpepper, July 25, 2008, 11:53:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Rumor has it that Nelson Chen will be back this weekend (per his http://www.pbase.com/nelsonc/2008_colorado_renaissance_festival&page=all )

I also will be on the hunt for photographs. I have the opportunity to possibly have some published in the new upcoming Faire Magazine. So Look your best and TRY NOT to look directly into the camera, Yeah easier said than done.

"But my front view is my best side... no really, along with my Oh someone wants to take my picture grin and goofy faces!"
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Zoë

Huzzah!  Good luck with your hunt for photos.   :D
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Ok guys

I took OVER 750 photos this weekend on two memory cards. One had 612 the other 149. Some good, some NOT so good, but hey that's photography for you. I've had pro photographers tell me if they got 1 good shot out of 24 they are doing good. But then again that was in the days of film.

I am still going through my CFD photos of about 650 there. But don't fear as the CoRF to me hold a higher presadance and I'll start on them as soon as I get out of the shower, eat some food, take a deep breath (Man corsets take your breath away, but i'm not complaining) and then push them onto my PC. I can see now I need to buy 2 more 2Gb cards to match my 3 batteries... hum maybe it's time for two more batteries too. :)

I'll get them onto my site soon and get them posted. I will be back next Saturday to take yes... EVEN MORE!

Hope you all had a great Saturday... and Sunday you lucky rennies who are there both days. Toki and I love faire, the enegry that we help feed to it, and the energy it feeds us.

HUZZAH TO YOU ALL!

Toki says HUZZAH too
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Princess Alice

Quote from: Lady de Laney on July 26, 2008, 08:23:05 PM
Ok guys

I took OVER 750 photos this weekend on two memory cards. One had 612 the other 149. Some good, some NOT so good, but hey that's photography for you. I've had pro photographers tell me if they got 1 good shot out of 24 they are doing good. But then again that was in the days of film.

I am still going through my CFD photos of about 650 there. But don't fear as the CoRF to me hold a higher presadance and I'll start on them as soon as I get out of the shower, eat some food, take a deep breath (Man corsets take your breath away, but i'm not complaining) and then push them onto my PC. I can see now I need to buy 2 more 2Gb cards to match my 3 batteries... hum maybe it's time for two more batteries too. :)

I'll get them onto my site soon and get them posted. I will be back next Saturday to take yes... EVEN MORE!

Hope you all had a great Saturday... and Sunday you lucky rennies who are there both days. Toki and I love faire, the enegry that we help feed to it, and the energy it feeds us.

HUZZAH TO YOU ALL!

Toki says HUZZAH too

can't wait to see the pictures.
one of them is of me actually :]
sorry for looking at the camera lmao I didn't realize you didn't want me to.
Real Men Eat Fish.

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

That's OK, most everyone does :) Having done photography and been photographed many times (of which I still hate) when you look into the camera, or know it is pointing at your face, it's hard to seem natural. When the camera is pointing at you and your not aware, you capture people the way they really are, not that an aware shot doesn't, some people get cheesy and fake. Photo's taken un-aware or not looking at the camera usually to me looks natural. if you see someone with a camera, some like to be avoided, some want you to look and smile.

For me personally, if you want me to look at a camera, you best do something damn funny to make me laugh or smile and get me looking natural, otherwise I put on "fake smiles"

I'll try to get more done tonight and start posting soon. I have over 150 done. At this rate I may have them up by opening weekend next year :)

OYE not enough time in the day to do what I need or want to do.
"The Metal Maiden"

pktaxwench

Quote from: Lady de Laney on July 28, 2008, 02:40:22 PM
That's OK, most everyone does :) Having done photography and been photographed many times (of which I still hate) when you look into the camera, or know it is pointing at your face, it's hard to seem natural. When the camera is pointing at you and your not aware, you capture people the way they really are, not that an aware shot doesn't, some people get cheesy and fake. Photo's taken un-aware or not looking at the camera usually to me looks natural. if you see someone with a camera, some like to be avoided, some want you to look and smile.

I saw you lurking under the trees near the Pavillion where the Royal Court hangs out.  I saw you snapping away and pointedly tried not to look at you.  I figured you were going for the 'natural' look, hiding at the edges away from everyone.  Kind of hard though when I was trying to admire your dress from afar - It's lovely!

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Oh please do admire, as I do admire all of yours. And thank you my Lady Next time when I don't have the fairy box in my face, talk to me, I don't bite. The fairy box does, but I don't. My master of the Horse... Toki or Thomas as I prefer to call him is shy and likes to stay away from the court. I guess it's because he killed one of those Scottish Nobles and is a bit scared of the nobles

Now which dress to wear closing weekend. The Copper or the Katherine Parr ? Oh choices I hate choices, it's to hard for me. Toki says Copper, I say Katherine hummm

HELP!
"The Metal Maiden"

Princess Alice

well if you come back to take pictures this weekend I will make sure to continue with business as usual when you're nearby :]
Real Men Eat Fish.

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Yes, tis the plan with three 2Gb cards and 1 1Gb card on hand. Let me see. If I can fit 612 shots on 1 card that times 3. WOW over 2000 pictures to take LOL  :)
"The Metal Maiden"

SirBlackFox

I'm officially dying to see the photos!
Publisher, Faire Magazine, The Concordium, & The Pyrates Way
Founder, FriendsofMDRF

Black'n McCrack

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

I will admit that when I downloaded them I was not really happy. In the outfit I wore I had to alter how I held my camera. This caused me a few issues but they are easily fixed. Some were slightly off tilt (Batman and Robin TV show in villian hide outs).

The profile I have up now was taken by Toki aka Thomas. I swear he took more pictures of me than I did of any other person.

As I posted in another part of the forum, I and Thomas both look at my photos and Nelson Chen's and they are similar in style and subject. I swear he was following me around all day and shooting over my shoulder  :)

Just kidding Nelson if you read this, You are a pro, I'm just a hack trying to break into the photography business and not having much luck so far.
"The Metal Maiden"

Spinaka

My lady Delany, i was wondering if you got any good pictures for my profile pic. i know that you said you were going to try and fix my little problem of no good close up pic. So let me know dear

and i say wear the first dress you wore this year, i liked that one. :)

SirBlackFox

Quote from: Lady de Laney on July 28, 2008, 05:22:37 PM

The profile I have up now was taken by Toki aka Thomas. I swear he took more pictures of me than I did of any other person.

As lovely as you are, I can't blame 'em!
Publisher, Faire Magazine, The Concordium, & The Pyrates Way
Founder, FriendsofMDRF

Black'n McCrack

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Why Thank you SirBlackFox

Ok guys as of this moment at 8:32pm Tuesday night with 1 more hour for me to work I have done 655 done and 64 to go. Now that did include some pre-faire shots Toki took of me that I really didn't look at.

So I'm back at it now at 8:33pm

UPDATE; OK It's 9:07pm and I am offically done going through photo's YEAH! Now the hard part the web since I do my own HTML
"The Metal Maiden"

Princess Alice

yay! I'm so excited to see them.  good luck with the html I know that it sucks.
Real Men Eat Fish.