News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Kilt shops

Started by Gauwyn of Bracknell, March 16, 2014, 05:33:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gauwyn of Bracknell

I know there is at least one shop, but I don't remember if they have much of a selection?  Is there others?  (we have been to Scarby one weekend the last 4 years)

Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

609wood

Kilts are a lot like a suit. You can buy an off the rack suit or you can buy a custom tailored suit. If your just looking for a "kilt like garment" a good kilt like a good suit is hand made and it's a great investment.

DonaCatalina

The Scot Shop is at Scarborough. They are owned by another company who operates at least two booths under different names at TRF. What they have is not bad for Faire wear. They will also do special orders.
Scot Shoppe
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

batninja

I have to vouch for the Scot Shoppe.  Their customer service is above and beyond.  I accidentally ordered an incorrectly-sized shirt off their website, but didn't have time to have another one shipped before my trip to TRF.  I didn't want to buy-and-wear at the festival because I wanted to wash the shirt before I wore it.   They offered to have the shirt set aside, already washed and air-dried, ready for me to exchange when I got there.

As mentioned, their kilts are off-the-rack, and I think they're all standard sized with a 24" drop.  However, their selection is bigger than say, Stillwater Kilts.
It ain't the years, it's the mileage.