News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Custom Garb for the Odd Shaped?

Started by BubbleWright, March 30, 2014, 03:26:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BubbleWright

I'm built like a brick privy. Off the shelf garb for my size is not to be had... I'm 5'3" with a
19-1/2" neck, 48" chest, 23" sleeve, 42" waist and a 28" inseam. I would like to invest in custom made garb. As of yet, the style and character have not been decided upon but perhaps something in the Tudor/Elizabethan era, Courtly, Academic, or Official. Any recommendations for sources would be greatly appreciated. Thank Thee!
"It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
   Antoine de St. Exupery

Lady Renee Buchanan

Lady Kathleen of Olmste, who is on this forum, is amazing, and can do anything!  Steve and I have both had several things made by her.  They are exquisite!

She has made custom garb for many, many forum members,  with  great success.  You won't be disappointed!
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

LadyStitch

I also do custom sewing.  One thing I will tell you, who ever you go with, make sure they are willing to do mock ups and take good measurements.  I frequently make custom theater costumes for a friend of mine who has similar measurements to yours only much rounder (but he is shrinking that).  Everytime someone else makes something for him, they try to just use stock stuff, and it just doesn't fit proportionally.
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.