News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Policy Question

Started by fairydancer, July 25, 2008, 06:48:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fairydancer

My family and I are attending the festival for the first time this year.  We are going tomorrow...I know, last minute question, but I have 2 small boys and was wondering if they allowed snacks and bottled water into the festival.  We are on a tight budget, so if we can bring in a baggie of goldfish and a bottle of water for the kids to snack on, we'll be able to save a bundle.  Also, can we bring a backpack in with kid supplies?  I looked for this info on their website, but couldn't find a Frequently Asked Questions section.

Thanks for any info anyone can provide.

Deb

irish

Hi fairydancer.......
Yes you can bring in water or snacks into the faire. I have seen famlies with little wagons with kiddie supplies tucked away. Be prepared to have the front gate check, but there never seems to be a problem.
Have a great faire day!
irish  ;D
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

fairydancer

Thanks Irish!  We know we are going to have a blast.

Lady Amy of York

Hi fairydancer,
   You should have no problem bringing in snacks  and water  for your sons.  I use to bring snacks  for my son when he was a toddler.   They may want to check your backpack just to see what you have in it.

I'm going to be there tomorrow.   Look for a tall dark auburn haired person wearing a velvet captain's hat, black captain's jacket, blouse, red vest, and black skirt,   walking  around  with a noble  man  and  a  little pirate. I also have my ren fest pin on.  Do say hello if  you spot me !     Have fun   and welcome  to Sterling !
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling