News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Front Gate/Parking?

Started by Lady L, April 23, 2014, 08:44:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady L

Anyone have an update on the parking and front gate issue this year? I heard the road in front is completely gone and so is most of the general parking. Do they plan on shuttling the public in or where is the general parking going to be? Thanks.
Former Shop Owner at MNRF

groomporter

Last I had heard is that it extended further into the main parking area, but that most of the lot was still there. Until the "Queen's Gate" is ADA compliant the main gate will probably have to remain open at the very least for handicapped parking/access to the site.
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Lady L

Thanks for the reply. I heard from someone ( a few weeks ago) that had been out there, that the road in front of the main gate was completely gone/dug up. I know the Queen's gate wasn't handicap accessible last year. calling them doesn't do any good, either, as you know. When you go out to your shop, could you let me know please? Thanks.

groomporter

Will, do probably running out that direction to see friends soon, so see if we can make a side trip.

groomporter

I was just out to site and can confirm the excavations have cut off the main parking lot from the front gate, although they have not actually dug down to the level of the rest of the pit so it is -possible- they could bulldoze a path from the remains of the parking lot to the gate.

Lady L

Thank you for verifying the info I had heard. I don't know if that means they will or won't be using the front gate this year. I think probably not, because they haven't been filling in any other areas they dug up. Sad, though, that this is the result.

groomporter

Someone on the Crafters-only Elist said she was told the front gate is "staying" for now, so there must be some plan to make access to it. But the way parking has worked the last few years we probably won't hear until just before opening...

groomporter

There were a couple pictures recently posted on Facebook that look like there is work being done in the 600's digging a utility trench -I assume connected to the food booths in that area to rebuild some or bring them up to code.

https://www.facebook.com/minnesotarenaissancefestival/photos/pcb.10152449324854650/10152449320199650/?type=1&theater

groomporter

According to the campground director there is still a road around the west end of the berm to let people drive in A Gate that I couldn't see from where I stood.

Lady L

I wonder if A gate will be for participants and/or general public, to get into the front gate? I thought he said it was one lane, so, how will that work? Someone else said they needed 4 wheel drive and it was slippery. Are they going to expand the Queens Lot? It isn't as big as the old lot. Hmmm.....I just don't want to drive for several hours and not be able to get in.

Gauwyn of Bracknell

We attend  opening and every year there are participants 'trapped' in the long line that need to get in and then realize this is a non-participant gate (if you are talking the one on the south for main parking).  Faire communication is not the best  :)
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

groomporter

There's still plenty of room in the original lot, but how the public will get in...

For now it's probably easiest to cut through the pit/campground on weekends and come in through C gate to work on our booths. -Not that we can do that on weekdays of course.

Lady L

Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on May 28, 2014, 11:26:33 AM
Faire communication is not the best  :)

So true. I really don't understand why they won't let us know these important things and then there is always chaos on opening weekend. After all these years, things should run smoothly, maybe with a few minor glitches. It just makes things worse than it needs to be.

Thanks for trying to help, guys. I appreciate it.

Lady L

Aerial photo of the site was posted on fb, showing the mining in the parking lot. I don't think I will even attempt to go out  there, this year. :'(

The info I heard has been confirmed.

Butch

Quote from: Lady L on June 10, 2014, 01:11:48 AM
Aerial photo of the site was posted on fb, showing the mining in the parking lot. I don't think I will even attempt to go out  there, this year. :'(

The info I heard has been confirmed.
So you're not even going to the faire this year?  Or just that parking lot?