News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Front Gate/Parking?

Started by Lady L, April 23, 2014, 08:44:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butch

I'll try to hook up with Gauwyn and his non-tourage and possibly carpool over.  Maybe do a little pre-flight in the parking lot.  I still think we're staying at the same hotel.  Should arrive Fri, Faire on Sat, and go back to KC on Sun.

groomporter

Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on July 27, 2014, 08:21:13 AM
Been going to Faire for several years, but not familiar with queens gate. Where do you park to go in there?  Do you still come off the 169 entrance or the performer entrance off 42?

Once the main lot was getting full later in the run I believe they would start directing cars to drive around the site to park northwest of the site. The Queen's Gate is right next to Crown Stage where the Tortuga Twins perform. Basically you would come in from 169, and if directed to, continue as if you were going to exit past the horse ranch to Hwy 41. There's a gravel road north of the active part of the pit that cuts west and leads to the Queen's Gate parking area.

Participants last year were being entering at 41 and were parking in the Trail of Terror lot near the horse ranch.

But again things are in flux and until opening day we may not know to full plan.
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

lady serena

If anyone knows or has heard where handicap parkings is going to be could you please let me know. That will determine if I can make it this year, or in the future. Thanks.
Guppy # 81
Fins up

Lady L

I would like to know, as well. We are thinking of not going because of that issue.

If they do what groomporter says, that would really be a run around for us. We come from the west on 212, so we used to go in 41. But, if we have to drive around to 169, then be told to drive back over to 41, we would be going in a big loop. ???
Former Shop Owner at MNRF

groomporter

Got this from Carr as far as handicapped parking.
QuoteIt's going to be up where the old Special Events field was...outside the (now) old front gate, and to the right.

So I'm guessing this means driving around the west edge of the new section of the pit to get to what was the Special Events Area in recent years. Presumably they are going to work on that narrow road to improve it a bit by then...

Lady L

Hmm, I thought that area was already dug up.  ???
I think that means the Special Events field that was by B gate, before they moved  the Special Events area by A gate?
Old front gate aka Main Gate or King's Gate. A map would help.  ???

groomporter

I'm pretty sure he means the where the Special Events area has been the last couple years by A gate. Here's someone's aerial picture which also shows the Queen's gate parking at the top.

Butch

HOLY COW!  There's not gonna be any place to park!  Can't park in the quarry, for safety and rain reasons.  Can't park on the West side, because it looks to be a flood plain.  Maybe those fields on the North?

Wow.  I'm gonna get there (hopefully) extra early to try to get one of the only close parking spaces.

Maybe I'm just mis-reading the whole picture?

groomporter

Don't worry, the picture cuts off what is surviving of the original parking lot at the bottom. About two-thirds of it is still there, just not in the picture.

The area at the top, just to the right and below the water that has a couple roads through it is parking now too and is where the participants parked before they moved us to the Trail of Terror lot. It worked fairly well even after a rain.

Lady L

Thanks for the map. Still not sure where he means. "to the right of the special events" ...if that does mean by A gate, to the right would be the back service road behind the shops? I know there used to be a few handicap parking spaces on the outside of that fence. I thought they cleared that all out a few years ago, though. There used to be some RVs, campers, trailers etc. in that area. There weren't many parking spaces. Hmmm.... ???
I appreciate the effort.

dbaldock

Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

MissBubu

According to information we recently got, handicapped parking will be behind the Traveler's Shop next to the King's Gate. If you have a handicap placard or plates, make sure the parking attendants send you to the handicap parking area. 

Lady L

Thanks for the info Miss Bubu. How would we get over to that area, since the road in front of the gate looks like a high wall of dirt? Would we come in 41 or 169?

groomporter

groomporter

In case the Facebook link doesn't work for everyone

As in the past, patrons will be entering and exiting the site off of both Highway 41 and 145th Street via Highway 169. Patrons that arrive before 3:00 p.m. will be encouraged to use both entrances. Highway 41 will become "Exit Only" beginning at 3:00 each Festival day.

In addition to our original gate (the King's Gate), we created a second gate (the Queen's Gate) during our 2012 season with areas to park near the Gate. In 2013, we expanded the available parking servicing the Queen Gate. Prior to this season, we have again significantly expanded the available area to park in the Queen's Gate side of the site. In addition to hiring a larger Parking Crew and preparing the surface for parking, we have spent considerable time and money developing an enhanced parking "infrastructure" including wider and additional roads, designated numbered "lots" in the Queen's Gate area, designated specialized lots as well as color coded General Patron lots in the area serviced by the King's Gate, additional signage, and more busses with dedicated routes. Our goal is to provide an enhanced parking experience.

In 2014, the majority of patron parking will be in the area serviced by the Queen's Gate. Handicap Parking, Handicap Overflow Parking, and a Drop-Off Area will be located in the King's Gate parking area in close proximity to the King's Gate. In addition to the above mentioned specialized parking areas, we also have spaces for "general patron" parking in the King's Gate lots.

In addition, we have increased the number of shuttle buses in the lots, if you do not want to walk, you will be able to take a shuttle bus to one of the main gates.

There will be more information published soon, we look forward to seeing you at the 2014 Renaissance Festival!