News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Front Gate/Parking?

Started by Lady L, April 23, 2014, 08:44:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert Phoenix

I've been going down to MN almost every year since 2001  (although 1985 was my first year) and I have to say this was the worst year for parking that I had ever seen. Drove all the way down from Upper Michigan which was about five hours, a quick bite to eat at Perkins, a stop at the Source comic shop and I believe we hit the traffic jam on 169 at about 3.  Finally got in at around 5 to be redirected to the Queens parking lot.  I should have just grabbed the first open spot I saw at the front lot instead of having to drive through a parking lot that gives my shocks an ultimaite testing.  Got to the back gate only to wait another 30 minutes to get tickets and finally got in to the festival to only to get a quick look at the mermaids (disappointing) and the faerie garden (getting better).  we couldn't stay any longer because  my daughter and grandkids needed to get to MOA before it closed.  We left right before the deluge hit.  Finally made it to MOA at 8.  This was the first year that I was really frustrated with the traffic and the waits. 
We had had no problems with waits like this at Bristol unless you need to get to the ATM.    No do I recall congestion this bad with any other event I have been to.  I was almost ready to chuck the whole faire experience by the end of the day.  I do hope that if the MN faire ever relocates it solves its traffic congestion problem. 

groomporter

Even before they started digging up the parking lot we have always recommended arriving before noon to avoid the traffic delays on Hwy 169 -especially after Labor Day. Saturday was also our highest attended day for this season something around 28,000 people.
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?