News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Travelling from afar to attend 'Legends of the Sea' weekend - seeking counsel

Started by Celtic Rune Stones, April 24, 2014, 07:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celtic Rune Stones

Coming from the mountains to visit your kingdom, I would like to know a bit about court life before our arrival.

We are familiar with a number of travelling minstrels that visit your shire; however, we have yet to meet any of the local tavern  troubadours - recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Furthermore, advice on matters of meade, mutton, and their aftermath would be welcomed.

Finally, with a rating one to Iris & Rose, what is the overall level of colourful metaphors we should expect to hear about the commons?

As we travel with pixie box, any points of interest, we should be made aware of.

And, lastly, though we hope our journey to be a pleasant one, we must also inquire about the problem of cutpurses and the like...

Any and all comments and helpful hints to make our visit a happy occasion are welcomed...

G'day. 
My life is loosely based on a true story...

Gauwyn of Bracknell

As a traveler there once a year from afar, be sure to get there early and make yourself known to the FOF folks in row 12. Great group of people!
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

DonaCatalina

Tartanic, Queen Anne's Lace, Cantiga and Donal Hinely are some I would recommend.
Saxon Moon is also good.

Better beverages are found at the Cat-n-Fiddle, Rose & Crown as well as the Whitehorse tavern. The Rose & Crown serves sit-down food with a varying menu.

Fresh grilled (including salmon) and fried fish is next to the Dirty Duck pub. If you go to see Tartanic they are all just a hop, skip away. The grilled chicken next to the Fat Friar's pub is good and House of Pasta Pleasure down from the Boarshead pub.

The early shows with Iris & Rose tend to be about PG. Later in the day it starts to slide into R rated.

We only had a problem with thievery a few years back. Be vigilant and there should be no problem; also the shop keepers and security are usually very watchful.

Come join us on Row 10 Row 11 and Row 12 before 9:30 for breakfast and beverages. Look for the flags and just walk up.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Celtic Rune Stones

Many thanks for the advise, My Lady.

Sadly, we will be arriving too late in the morning for breakfast, but will make an attempt to locate you during the day to thank you in person.

Attendant to the
Lord of the Lens,
Mountain shire.

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Celtic Rune Stones on April 25, 2014, 12:55:58 PM

Sadly, we will be arriving too late in the morning for breakfast, but will make an attempt to locate you during the day to thank you in person.

Attendant to the
Lord of the Lens,
Mountain shire.

check the wine areas   ;D ;D ;D
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

VIII

Find a shady spot along one of the major routes through the Faire (ask, and ye shall find) by 1 of the clock to get portraits of the Parade! We shall come to thee!  ;)
Former King Henry VIII
Renaissance Magazine Issue #66 Cover Boy

DonaCatalina

Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on April 25, 2014, 01:17:32 PM
Quote from: Celtic Rune Stones on April 25, 2014, 12:55:58 PM

Attendant to the
Lord of the Lens,
Mountain shire.

check the wine areas   ;D ;D ;D
:o

Probably yes.
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Celtic Rune Stones

VIII - That we shall do, and set them of the book of faces for all to see when we return to our shire, one week hence.

DonaCatalina - if thou name the hour and place (except, of course, for the 1:00 hour) and we will search for thee. Since we will be arriving on business of a secret nature, we will be dressed as the other travelers so as not to draw any attention. But, look for a man with beard of silver, dressed in black, donning a tunic with four other bearded men of various age with the inscription ' Release the Quacken' emblazoned across the breastplate, accompanied by one protecting herself from the sun by means of an oriental paper umbrella of a rather large size.

DonaCatalina

Quote from: Celtic Rune Stones on April 30, 2014, 07:52:21 AM
VIII - That we shall do, and set them of the book of faces for all to see when we return to our shire, one week hence.

DonaCatalina - if thou name the hour and place (except, of course, for the 1:00 hour) and we will search for thee. Since we will be arriving on business of a secret nature, we will be dressed as the other travelers so as not to draw any attention. But, look for a man with beard of silver, dressed in black, donning a tunic with four other bearded men of various age with the inscription ' Release the Quacken' emblazoned across the breastplate, accompanied by one protecting herself from the sun by means of an oriental paper umbrella of a rather large size.

Thanks for the description. I will look for you. As the Black sheep of the Spanish Court, I never know where I'll be found.
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

DonaCatalina

Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Celtic Rune Stones

Quote from: DonaCatalina on May 05, 2014, 05:06:45 AM
I never did spot your group

Twas a mixed blessing my Lady - met with some, but sadly missed seeing others. Which means only one thing; I must return again next season and complete my quest.

We managed about 5 hours on Sunday before the heat overtook Lady Diane, forcing us to withdraw. I am hoping to be able to make it for both days of a weekend our next visit.

Until then, fair winds.