News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Pouch for my cup

Started by Prima, April 27, 2014, 02:06:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prima

I have run across a dilemma and was hoping that the ingenious members of R/F might help with some solutions.

My lord Bogie and I have matching cups that we are quite attached to.  Usually he carries mine but it makes his belt rather crowded and heavy.  So... I have endeavored to carry my own. 

I first used a ribbon then a leather tie to attach it to my utility belt but I found that the swinging of the cup left a pewter residue on my dress from where it swung.  I can't have that so I need a good way to shield it from my fabric.

We have tried to make a leather shield (similar to one worn by a few members here) but it's proving difficult to attach it to my belt (which is hidden underneath my bodice) as well as difficult to attach the goblet to the leather "shield".

My next idea was to make a lace pouch for it and attach that to my belt (which would be easy).  Has anyone done this before?

I would love any imput, suggestions or new ideas on how to fix this!

Thank you all for your wonderful help!
~Prima
"I aim to misbehave" ~Malcolm Reynolds

Rani Zemirah

You might want to repost this topic in the sewing forum, since it seems to be more of a sewing question than a crafting one.  It will likely be viewed by many more there, as well, and I'm sure there will be LOTS of of helpful tips and suggestions offered for your dilemma!  :) 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Rowan MacD

I would suggest a velvet pouch or cloth bag (I would use a drawstring type).
     MA has a pattern for a sweet bag that works nicely for goblets, as well as smaller items like phones and credit cards- but really there is no pattern needed.
   Just sew together a couple of squares of material, sew some rings to the open edges and run a drawstring through it.  Decorate and/or add tassels to match your outfit. 
   I lined mine with cotton and it took me about 3 hours start to finish; most of that was involved with  locating the rings and sewing them on.   
   You can find the rings in the upholstery department of your local fabric store.
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt