News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Who will be out at fest Aug 7th??

Started by SleepyArcher, July 25, 2008, 11:36:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marietta Graziella

Is anyone arriving early?
Coming from Elk River it will be about an hour drive unless I hit traffic.  Wondering about some company if I'm very early.

Unlikely I will stay afterwards since it is another hour home. 

Yes, I'm garbing!
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

chesschick

I really don't have any reason to pay 30.00 to join a group, most of the benifits are nill to me since I work there.

Chesshick

Rage

Quote from: Marietta Graziella on August 07, 2008, 09:37:54 AM
Is anyone arriving early?
Coming from Elk River it will be about an hour drive unless I hit traffic.  Wondering about some company if I'm very early.

Unlikely I will stay afterwards since it is another hour home. 

Yes, I'm garbing!

LD and I were talking about getting there early.

Will Gamwell

How early is early?  The lady and I will most likely be there around 5...ish.  I will most likely wander a bit before it all begins, but after that I will down in the campground setting up camp.  After that I will be hanging around Bad Manor most likely.

Sean

groomporter

Just a heads-up in case the front gate is open before things actually start at 6:30. There is a cast call for the performers who are going to be there at 5:30 (probably at the Bakery Stage). So if you are attending in costume you might be accidentally encouraged to listen in if you get there early. Usually all the action for this event is kept up near the front end of site.

See you there.

What to wear, what to wear...
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Rage

Thanks Groomporter.

Whatever you decide to wear you have to bring a cane. We need a pre-season picture of the famous Groomporter lean.... ;)

groomporter

Oh I suppose...  ;D
I can show off one of the new canes too  ::)
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Ren Jen

Quote from: Rage on August 07, 2008, 07:46:11 AM
Quote from: Sleepy on August 07, 2008, 01:11:58 AM
I forgot i picked up extra hours.

:o so are you saying your not going to be there? Bummer....

No, we are not going to be there.  Sad.  I was looking forward to it.  Probably for the best.  Now I have a night to get something for the wedding we have to be at Friday.

Will Gamwell

I just got approved for the day off tomorrow.  So I will be hanging out afterwards, which will be onsite though.

ladiedragon

so... when are peoples gonna be out there? we're bout 5 minutes away. oh also.. not really sure what this is really tonight? do they open the gates at 6:30? and or if they open the gates a wee bit earlier, are we aloowed to walk around inside? how does this sort of thing work?

Will Gamwell

ladiedragon,
I believe groomporter posted some details a little ways down.  Tonight is a preview for the press.  Anyone who is not press is welcome by invite & RSVP only . . I believe.

I do believe that there will be some food booths open.  Not sure about any merchants.  Acccess to site is generally limited to the area from front gate to Bad Manor.

Storm

Great time out there tonight. Great seeing everyone again!

I don't know really what I expected this be like, but it certainly went above and beyond what I hoped for! I could not believe all the different foods they had out there, along with the beer and wine, and all for FREE!

I think the money we spent to join Fest Friends paid for itself tonight alone!

It was kinda fun going in mudane clothing again. I forgot what it was like to have the cast come and interact with you as a dane again. I learned NEVER to wear a Minnesota Twins jersey out there again! I don't know how many times I had cast come up to me and say "Where's your Twin" or something like that tonight!...LoL

All in all, A really great night. Something to look forward to again next year for sure! This will go on the calender, along with Fest Friday as a must attend event!

Tarac

Was great seeing everyone tonight MG hope you were able to get Goody out to the van and home to your place, You are right storm this is going on the Calender for Next year as long as we are invited. To bad the site for Fest Friends was not marked would have loved to see it, Oh well Fest is coming soon Time to do the Happy Dance. ;D :D 8) ::)
Scotch the only way to go

Kiss-me-Kate

Had a great time tonight.  Free beer.  Gotta love it. 

~ Notouchin' M'Crack
Pucker Up!

SleepyArcher

Knight, FOP, Pirate, Woodsman...I am a man of many faces.