News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Who will be out at fest Aug 7th??

Started by SleepyArcher, July 25, 2008, 11:36:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rage

Quote from: Sleepy on August 08, 2008, 01:27:58 AM
yea-y'all suck...that is all

Did I hear something? A tiny violins playing a song called "I picked up extra hours"..... ;)

Well all missed you sleepy and you too renjen.... ;D

Charlotte Rowan

Fun time last night! It was a good way to really get into Fest mode. And yes, the free drink and food was great - probably paid for about half our membership anyway!
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

Marietta Graziella

Pulling into the parking lot, I couldn't help but smile and sigh.  My eyes instantly went to the left happily seeing the big Oak tree patiently waiting for us to frolic beneath her shading limbs.  

Walking towards the gate, going across the bridge, of course, I heard the sounds of the water rushing down the rocks.

Stepping through the doors things seemed familiar, but different.  Then someone mentioned the lack of music.  That was it, precisely.  The grounds were not the same without the music.

What fun it was to walk the grounds a bit, even without the familiar sounds.  The smells were there in the form of new woodchips (oooh!), and of course the smoker from the turkey legs.  

A couple of new food items on offer were phyllo cream tarts with blueberries and strawberries.  A good idea, not quite executed correctly (IMHO).   A tilapia sandwich, that, according to Goody, was rather tasty.  Another sandwich was the Chick-a-dilly.  2 chicken strips with lettuce and dill pickle.  Again, not great.  Both sandwiches had WAAAY too much bread for the product contained therein.  Perhaps a good idea when consuming beer or mead, but otherwise wasted product to fool you into thinking you were getting your moneys worth because you now feel full.  A third sandwich in the tasting was the beef on weck.  Yes, that is spelled correctly.  A tastey shredded beef in a salted and seasoned bun.   My favorite thing was the feta and chips.  Simple and light this dip was a spicey feta mix served with crisp corn chips.  Add a Greek Salad and you'd have a nice, light lunch.

There were far fewer cast members than I had expected.  The main royal court was in attendance and I daresay the king had his hands full "shmoozing" the sponsors all evening.  I wonder if the man ever had a chance to eat.  Groomporter was there, leaning dashingly on a new cane.  Always good to see you.  Also a hello to Alice the Cook as she prepped her tools of the trade.  I partook of a game, who's name excapes me, with a couple of gypsys.  Will have to pick up my own from GP's booth this year.

Overall the event was very enjoyable and a great teaser for the coming season.  I hope to be on the guest list in the coming years.

MG
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

Goody

Quote from: Storm on August 07, 2008, 09:22:39 PM
Great time out there tonight. Great seeing everyone again!

I don't know really what I expected this be like, but it certainly went above and beyond what I hoped for! I could not believe all the different foods they had out there, along with the beer and wine, and all for FREE!

I think the money we spent to join Fest Friends paid for itself tonight alone!

All in all, A really great night. Something to look forward to again next year for sure! This will go on the calender, along with Fest Friday as a must attend event!

My sentiments exactly!

Goody

Quote from: Tarac on August 07, 2008, 10:39:52 PM
  Was great seeing everyone tonight MG hope you were able to get Goody out to the van and home to your place,
What are you implying?

Goody

MG - You played Twelve Men's Morris (who was trying to say I was drunk and not paying attention?!?)

PS thanx for everyhting, I made it home safely! (now off to work out. try to burn some cals from all that Food I ate last night!)

Baron Doune

FREE BEER???!!!

oh just fine then.

*sniffle, cough, sneeze *art*

(opps...one too many as*terisks.)

groomporter

When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Lord Figaro

So close and yet so far. But I sure was thinking of you guys just up the road, my heart was there, that's for sure.
Those who do not remember their past are condemned to repeat their mistakes.

George Santayana

ladiedragon

Had good time! Now....

Where's the mead?!?

Tarac

Just like a Pirate stealing the Mead before we can get any :o
Scotch the only way to go

newenthusiast

Nice pictures from that night! The grounds look nice...I love seeing the flowers and plants. I don't know who puts in all the work to keep those things up but I appreciate it so much. It's one of my favorite things about fest. In fact my favorite weekends are the first two where the grounds are nice and fresh before the grass is all trampled flat.