News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Robin Hood 2014

Started by theChuck, May 19, 2014, 09:55:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theChuck

Robin Hood in CT opens this weekend. Anyone going?
The Renlist - find faires near you!

Bob of the Lake

Yup. Depending on the weather, I'll go either Saturday or Sunday.
I came, I saw, I skipped to my lou.
            - Hammy the Squirrel

elthefairy

Unlikely, but I may be there sunday or monday.

Bob of the Lake

I went on Sunday and had a great time. They've changed the layout of the grounds to accommodate a new, permanent covered seating and performance area and added some new stages so it took a bit to find where everything was, but once I got my bearings, I had a blast. I'm shooting to go again on Saturday, June 7.
I came, I saw, I skipped to my lou.
            - Hammy the Squirrel

theChuck

We went yesterday. It was our first time at this fair, so I didn't know that all the extra stages and whatnot were new. I have to say, the Abridged Shakespeare show was the best thing we saw all day; those guys were awesome. I'm not sure if it was because there were fewer people there on Memorial Day or what, but the cast were super nice. We got stopped several times just to chat with people, and the queen came and talked to us for a bit. Lots of fun.
The Renlist - find faires near you!

Mlle de Carcassonne

I have to agree that I enjoyed the street cast very much as well. I didn't end up going to many shows, but I enjoyed Three Pints Shy, and thought they were funny and engaging.

offroad

always enjoyed this fair when I went.