News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Feeling Proud (or how I realized I now have a legacy).

Started by Nidhoggr, May 30, 2014, 08:33:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nidhoggr

So apparently other renaissance faires other than my home faire (Kentucky Highland Renaissance Festival) have a drink called the Bloody Knight, a drink which I co-created a few years back. While this in and of itself is all "that could be coincidence of name", it is apparently the exact same recipe. Mead, red wine, and cider.    That makes me go "huh, well that's interesting. There are other people as well (apparently the queen of a different faire) that claims she created said drink.

This isn't me being mad. This is me feeling accomplished and happy. Something that was created by me and one of our faires owners/bartenders at our smaller sized but tight knit faire has spread to other larger faires and become popular enough that others are trying to claim credit on it's creation. While my name may never be known, and years from now no one will truly know who created it, my potent little beastie of a mixed drink shall be my legacy. 

In my opinion a legacy that brings joy at a place that brings me joy isn't a bad legacy at all.

LissaRoisin

IWG #3491
IFRP #1486
Loveland Castleteer
Captain of the Wenches Desire

Butch

Mead, red wine, and cider, eh?  A Bloody Knight sounds interesting!  That's hard cider, right?  Like Woodchuck?

There's a drink that was taught to us at the St Louis RF called "A Big Friggin' Rock" that's pretty good.  Hard cider with a shot of spiced rum dumped right in.  My son and I spread the knowledge of this concoction where ever we go!

Jared Thorne

That sounds pretty good.  I've made it myself a few times (the big frigging rock), but I called it pirate's tea, as it is like queens tea but I use rum and not mead.
Jared Thorne
aka Sir Charles of Loveland Castle
KOGT
Rogue #261
LVH #76
IFRP #80