News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Laundry help?

Started by Elennare, June 03, 2014, 11:40:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elennare

I know this is very random, but I figured I'd ask anyway, just in case someone has some advice to share.

I have a high efficiency front loading washing machine.  It's about 3 years old, and up until a couple months ago, I really liked it.  Now, suddenly, it seems unable to wash anything the least bit oily out of clothes.  I haven't changed soap, so that's not the problem.  I've run one of those washing machine cleaning things through it, which made it smell very nice, but didn't help with this issue.  We haven't moved, so unless something has suddenly changed with our water supply, that isn't the issue either.

But, I have spots on my pants from mayonnaise.  That's not a particularly stain-producing item, is it?  My washer didn't have any trouble getting that out before.

Any one have any idea what's going on, or what I can do to fix it?  It's getting pretty annoying to keep pulling stuff out of the washer with stains on it from stuff that should have (and did, previously) washed right out. :(

Thanks for any help with my very random question!
My (infrequently updated) costume blog: http://manufactorumbrandis.wordpress.com/

Rowan MacD

Perhaps it's not agitating correctly?  Where did you buy it at? The store might have answers.
  Check online for that model-they usually have a FAQ and troubleshooting section you can access.
Sometimes it's a simple issue-For example: My dryer wasn't doing it's job efficiently , and it turns out that I had recently switched to cheap dryer sheets, which clogged the screen in the lint filter with a waxy buildup. 
  I took the screen out and washed it with dawn, and viola! It dries the clothes in 1/2 the time once more (I also switched back to Bounce, the store brands have too much wax.)

I always pre-treat oily stains anyway, but some machines are just peculiar.
  My daughter has a newer front loading washer and I have a top loader.  We use the same water supply in the same area. Spray on Oxyclean is useless as a pre treater in my machine though my daughter swears by it.   Shout still works excellently for me though.
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Gwyndolyn

to me this sounds like a clogged filter, I would consult the owners manual and if that is not it, consult a washer repair man.