News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Any news on 2015 RenDezvous?

Started by Dragonlord, June 24, 2014, 11:11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gauwyn of Bracknell

I think Labor Day is quite a crowded weekend at Bristol; Minnesota does an invasion usually in July - maybe coordinate with that (I know the FOF has a special offer for the travelers)
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Butch

I haven't heard anything back yet, so I resent the email yesterday.  I'll probably send it to a few other people in their office today.

Butch

I just got off the phone with Shawn Henry 847-395-7773 X100.  I told her that we are considering a gathering at Bristol, and I went over the ltr I sent earlier (cut and pasted below).  I told her the date was not definite.  Here is the letter, and her responses by the asterisks:
Hello, my name is Michael Gregg.  I'm a member of the online community "renaissancefestival.com".   We are planning a gathering and we are seriously considering your faire, Bristol Renaissance Faire, for the site!  We don't have a count yet, but for our gathering at the Kansas City Renaissance Faire in October 2013, we had over 60 people in attendance.

We are looking at Labor Day weekend 2015 to invade your fair shire!

I organized the 2013 event in Kansas City (and I live in the KC area).  I was wondering if we could get any "deals" or "discounts" for our event?  I see that gate passes are $23.95 per day.  I also see that there are special group rates.  I believe that most of our attendees will be there for two days, and some will be there all three days.  Can you give any multi-day discounts?  **Yes.  $15.95 group rate for groups of 15-100.  No multi-day additional discount.  If going closing weekend, gate price MAY be less (2014 it was $15), if it is less, we will pay the lower price.

We usually play a game during the event:  Musical Men.  It's like musical chairs, but this has our gentlemen down on one knee (as the chair) and our ladies (one more than the gentlemen) circling the gentlemen, until the music stops.  Do you have an area that we could use for about an hour on Saturday, 5 September 2015, to play?  It is certainly not a demand, it's just a "nice to have" if something like that is available.  **Most likely, yes.  We need to decide on a date and talk more.

Would you be willing to donate any prizes for some of our attendees?  Things like tickets to your Pub Crawl, t-shirts, posters, mugs, or any other swag from your faire would be most welcome!  **Probably not.  She said they haven't in the past, but we may be able to get some stuff?  Again, more if and when we talk again.

What is your weapons policy, please?  Some of our members have pointy things as part of their garb.  **Sheathed and peace tied.

Also, do you have any relationships with any of the local hotels?  I see the ones referenced on your website, but would certainly appreciate any insight or recommendations!  **They recommend the Radisson.  They have a shuttle and a ticket deal.

Finally, we usually have some sort of "tailgate" in the parking lot before the morning show and opening cannon.  I have heard that your faire does not allow this.  Since I have your ear right now, what is the official word?  Either way is fine, I just don't want our members to assume it's alright when it's not!  **NO!  No tailgating on their property

I appreciate your taking the time to read this mail!  I would love it if we could invade Bristol!  I have never been there myself, but have heard wonderful thing about it!

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,

**********OKAY, so do we wanna do this?  What is the consensus?  And if so, what dates?

Lady Renee Buchanan

As I mentioned, Bristol gives NOTHING away!  The Radisson is pretty expensive, even with the ticket deal.  Up on Route 50, there are many hotels.  Super 8, Country Inns and Suites, Best Western, Holiday Inn Express, and more whose names I can't think of.  Plus lots of restaurants and bars in walking distance.  Most of the hotels have some knd of breakfast, so you can meet up in the parkng lot, just no eating or drinking.

I also suggest Labor Day Weekend, because it is big and there is so much to do, you still couldn't see all the shows and shop in the 3 days, but you'd see a lot more.  I am looking forward to seeing/meeting all of you at Bristol this summer!
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Sir Ironhead

I second Lady Renees recommendation and vote for Labor Day weekend.
Debaucheteer
IBRSC #1389
Sandbox Inspector
Iron'n M'Crack
Royal Order of Landsharks #41

RefMom3

I will be there Labor Day weekend anyway, so this sounds delightful to me ;)

Merlin the Elder

If Nimue can get the time off for Labor Day weekend, we will make the trip!  Does anyone know who has the RenDezvous banner?
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Butch

I sent the banner to Lairde Guardn for the 2014 event.

RefMom3

No "ifs" for her scheduling, Master Merlin! Positive intent for positive result!

I'm so conflicted now; I am looking forward for Bristol to open, but I also have to look forward to closing weekend...???

Butch

Somebody just wrote to me asking if there was any news from Bristol on the RenDezVous.  Here is how I responded:
"Yes, I posted everything from my phoncon with Bristol.  They seemed willing to give us some discounts, but not until we had 15 people coming.  I have seen minimal interest on that thread (like 6 people posting, including you and I).  I feel that rather than trying to set something up for just a few people, we may be better off just picking a weekend for an "R/F.com Invasion" and just going that route."

So, what does everyone think?  Shall we pick a weekend and just invade?  Gauwyn, you mentioned that MN RF does an invasion every year, do we know when that is scheduled this year?  Shall we bolster their numbers?

Merlin the Elder

We are planning on Bristol for Labor Day weekend, and have a room at the Comfort Suites. There is a possibility that we might go to New York from there, and maybe even do a day at the NYRF in Tuxedo.

Goody

Generally the MNRF invasion to Bristol is the third wkend in July which would be July 18/19 this year. I think it would be great to expand it to RenDezvous. I could help with some planning such as meeting places and lodging but wouldnt recommend going all out

William of Ware

Reservations made.... Looking forward to seeing everyone.
William of Ware
Ren Merc 616
6JR81  Jolly Roger DX Group

Merlin the Elder

William, I don't know how many are going to be there, but definitely Nimue and I, RefMom3, and a couple others, I hope.

Gauwyn of Bracknell

I know the 'Minnesota' crew will not be there.  the Minnesota faire is on during this time and I believe MG and Trish have an annual camping trip over Labor day weekend.  (I won't be there either - but then no one will miss me, they will just miss Lady Addilay :)  ).

Butch and the Duke and Duchess of Norfolk will be at the Minnesota faire that weekend also.
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell