News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Breastfeeding/Pumping at Fest!

Started by Charlotte Rowan, July 30, 2014, 10:04:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlotte Rowan

Hi everyone!

It's been awhile since I posted here, but I need some help from my faire peeps! As some of you know, I recently became a mom-- my son will be 5 months old at the start of Fest. I am still nursing, and I am performing full time at Fest. I may have my son with me a few times if the weather cooperates, but mostly he'll be staying with his aunt and grandparents. Which means... I'm gonna have to pump at Fest. Awesome!! I'm looking for someone with a shop or somewhere with a bit of privacy, who would be willing to let me come there 2-3 times a day to pump. If there's a little corner where I could store my cooler to keep the milk cold, that'd be great too, but I can do without that. Really just need a private place to bear my bosom and tend to the demands of motherhood. :D

Thanks in advance for any help/leads on this!
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

Ms Trish

Are you a Fest Friends member? They are usually very family supportive.
If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right!

Charlotte Rowan

Hmm, I'm not, but that's a good idea. I'll contact Peggy or Liz. :)
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

Ms Trish

If Fest Friends isn't going to work out for you, I can check with my booth owners. PM me if you still need a spot (or a back up spot).

Butch

Quote from: Ms Trish on August 11, 2014, 10:23:54 AM
If Fest Friends isn't going to work out for you, I can check with my booth owners.
Wait, you WORK there?  I'll see you this Saturday.  Tell me which booth to visit?

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Butch on August 11, 2014, 12:22:10 PM
If Fest Friends isn't going to work out for you, I can check with my booth owners.
Wait, you WORK there?  I'll see you this Saturday.  Tell me which booth to visit?

work is a loose term ?!?  8)  I can show you
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Ms Trish

Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on August 12, 2014, 10:24:40 AM
Quote from: Butch on August 11, 2014, 12:22:10 PM

work is a loose term ?!?  8)  I can show you
Gauwyn is right...if you're looking for me, NOT in my booth would be your best bet. ;)