News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Help with Father Christmas/ Hogfather

Started by LadyStitch, August 01, 2014, 09:07:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyStitch

If you didn't know, the PP and I have been working on a special project the past couple months.  We raised the money to build a high quality father christmas/ hogfather outfit. 

It consists of long Rubarb faux fur, and Tipped Fox fur from Medels.  We got half moon reader glasses for him.  He already has black and red boots.  We are working with a leather worker to make him a 'reindeer' treat tooled pouch, and a 3 inch wide belt. Still to finish is a matching detachable for cleaning cotton lining. A white hankercheif linen shirt, and red linen pants to tuck into his boots.  I am also making fur trim inserts to give his boots the fur cuff he wants.  And yes, we will be graying his beard even more. :)

He is taking the father christmas part of it to special needs homes, and hospitals.

For the Hogfather portion of it he is in need of something to give him the boars tusks.  I know there are those out there that do barbarians and orcs, and might have an idea where to get them.  Can you post or PM me?

Here is a photo of what we have done so far. 
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

gem

Crimson

That looks great!  That picture almost looks like a painting.  Very nice.
Lady Crimson Cadena

Clan of the Celtic Rogues
TRF
Sherwood Forest Faire (Home faire)

"I know who I WAS when I got up this morning, but I think I must have been changed several times since then" - Alice

LadyStitch

Crimson, that is what we are going for.  We wanted him to look like he walked out of an old Victorian painting, or one of those father Christmas figurines came to life. 

BTW I have been ruined forever on cheap fur. I won't use it ever again.  After working with this amazing stuff, old cheap teddy bear fur is no longer going to cut it. :)  Here is where we got the fur from http://mendels.com/Fake-Fur-c-3/

We are not yet up to the point where we can sculpt our own teeth.  That is not to saw we won't be in a few years, but not just yet.   This is what we are going for in the Hogfather tooth look. 

DonaCatalina

Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

LadyStitch

Thank you Lady Donna.  ;D

I can honestly say it one of the most gorgeous things I have ever made.  I am still finding fur, and sneezing fur but it is gorgeous.   I will say again that if you want fur, check out Mendles.