News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2008 Last weekend - who will be there?

Started by mehan, July 26, 2008, 06:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mehan

Since this is the only weekend we can make it -can we get a roll call?  The last thing I want to do is wish the season away - but I would like to know what friends, old and new we can hope to see last weekend!

Lady Maerwynn

Day of Wrong!!  Of course I will be there.  Probably won't be the road cone again though unless it is back by popular demand.    ;)
Clan M'Crack - Breeze'n
FoMDRF
FoVarf
IWG #42

lordwriothsley

Well then I guess I will place the first vote.I vote once again for the road cone..........That was good,I really got a good laugh out of it after seeing the picture from Sir Blackfox and hearing about it from Scotsman and Master James.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Master James

Oh yes I WILL be there and I'm participating this year too!  I can't wait!  It should be a major hoot!
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

lordwriothsley

So just out of curiosity what do you have in mind for yourself for DOW this year Jim?
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

stonethrow

I vote no on the road cone - New jokes and gags, not the same ones again and again.

Master James

You will just have to wait and see but I guarentee it will be VERY wrong for me! ;D
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

lordwriothsley

Okay now i am so looking forward to DOW this year.With all these ideas that have been talked about and thrown around over the past few days I am so ready to see how they turn out. :)  ;D
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

robert of armstrong

When is the DOW?  Please tell me it's not during Labor Day weekend.  Not our thing, and we are
travelling a long way to come for the Faire.

Sorry to be a stick in the mud.
Always on the lookout for my next noble cause.

And because a flail don't need reloading, that's why.

mehan

I changed the title of this to more appropriately - "last weekend who will be there?"  I don't want to be the cause of a heated discussion about DOW.

Basically, last weekend is the only weekend I can make MDRF and wanted to know who I might be lucky enough to catch!

Scotsman

Hmmm ... you can count on Lady Guinness and I ...

*I need a Frank fix!*
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

lordwriothsley

If i can make it i am planning on being at MDRF for DOW this year myself.Robert of Armstrong DOW is usually the last weekend of the MDRF season.Hope that helps a little.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Dallan

Quote from: robert of armstrong on July 29, 2008, 01:47:23 AM
When is the DOW?  Please tell me it's not during Labor Day weekend.  Not our thing, and we are

Not Labor Day weekend.
Fight'n

Dallan

We'll likely be there closing Sunday with the boys.
Fight'n

lowlandscot

Quote from: robert of armstrong on July 29, 2008, 01:47:23 AM

No, DOW is always the last day of faire. This year it's October 19th.