News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Elizabeth of York by Alison Weir

Started by DonaCatalina, August 05, 2014, 06:45:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonaCatalina

I just finished this book and I found it interesting. Alison Weir is still a staunch anti Richard III person.
She makes much of the year 1502 when Elizabeth of York, heavily pregnant spent some time with James Tyrell's widow and the travels across country to Wales. Elizabeth was ill off and on during the seven months that she spent away from her husband, Henry VII. Alison Weir is quite sure that Tyrell's widow confirmed the fates of the princes in the tower.
But if that was the case, why did Elizabeth hurry away from the king as soon as he announced the alleged confession. It seems to me more likely that she discovered the truth and James Tyrell's confession was a wholecloth fabrication. How would most women react to discover that the child they carried was sired by the man who aided and abetted in the murder of her beloved brothers?
I still believe that most of the new evidence she dug up points to Buckingham trying to curry favor with Henry Tudor before he threw over Richard III.

She also came up with some new records from Spain regarding Katherine of Aragon during her brief sojourn as Princess of Wales. Read it and see what you think.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess