News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2014 Opening is almost here...

Started by Alaric, August 18, 2014, 02:22:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alaric

Calling for rain on Saturday - not sure If I will make to the Faire Opening day or not. I'm Keeping an eye on the forecast...

arbcoind

I will be there on Saturday, rain or shine!

Gina

Alaric

Rain doesn't bother me much - my wife tho - that is a different story  ;D   

arbcoind

Ha, there is a roof over the Pub....isn't that where I see you two...always?

Gina

Alaric

we tend to move around a bit but somehow seem to end up sitting outside the pub.

arbcoind

Rain doesn't bother me, it's the mud that is a bummer.  Forecast for this Saturday is 80 and cloudy with a 30% chance of rain. 

Gina

arbcoind

Forecast for Saturday is 87!   Slight chance of rain.  I'm sweating thinking about it.

Gina

Alaric

Wow the place was crazy packed today. Traffic backed up on I70. Lines everywhere. Long lines at the port a Pottys, long lines for food...it was crazy. Busiest I have ever seen the faire in Pittsburgh.

I kinda made a goof. I bought an awesome pirate vest at flying cloud but it is too small :-[  serves me right for not trying it on first. Any idea how they are for exchanges or returns?

arbcoind

I have not purchased anything from flying cloud.  Maybe take the vest back and ask for an even exchange in a larger size.  I expect a crowded "pirate" weekend.   Aaaaargh!

Gina

Alaric

it actually looks pretty good unbuttoned so I don't think  I will bother returning it - if I drop a couple of pounds it will fit fine fully buttoned. ;D

It was the only one they had and i really liked it a lot. This will give me an excuse to work out again :P   

Im going to try and make it to pirates weekend but not sure if Sat or Sunday. (depends on work - may not get to go at all :( )

arbcoind

I will be there on Saturday, hope to see you!

Gina