News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

hypothetical campground store

Started by *Teach*, August 18, 2014, 09:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

*Teach*

soooooo....
If someone were to ,hypothetically speaking, open a store in the campgrounds what (besides booze and smokes because that's not gonna happen) would you want to see sold in there?
What I'm wondering mostly is what sort of thing have you forgotten?
camp gear?
toiletries?
snacks/foods?
just wondering... in a hypothetical type manner

*i cant open a rum store. I'd never make a profit*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

PollyPoPo

I usually have everything, but I could see forgetting (or unexpectedly needing) ice, sterno, propane, matches, coffee, sugar, creamer/canned milk, paper plates, bandaids, itch bite stuff, bug repellant, etc.  The kind of stuff any camping convenience store would carry, as well as salty/sweet/sour treats. 

To be honest, I personally would probably never buy anything from an on-site store.  It's just the way I camp there (set up for 8 weekends without taking down).

Other campers who are moving in and out on a given weekend might be more likely to need things on the spur of the moment.

Polly PoPo
(aka Grannie)

RenStarr

Ice would a big seller I would think.  Beyond that, selection of cokes, beer, tobacco products, and misc camping supplies (tent stakes, lantern mantles, lighter fluid, propane bottles, etc....).
Spiced rum....hmmmmm
Greetings, try this.
Starr Gazzer.
2013 TRF AHE RenNado.....heck of a night

iain robb

Maybe it's just me, but for goodness sake, hammers! I cannot tell you how many times I have pressed rocks into service for driving in tent stakes. After searching for a rock. On the beach. In the dark. (Safety tip: If it's moving and pinches you, it is NOT a rock.)

Crimson

Glow stuffs.  And all the other stuffs already mentioned.  I'm with Polly, though.  I usually have all I need.

**Theoretically**   :P
Lady Crimson Cadena

Clan of the Celtic Rogues
TRF
Sherwood Forest Faire (Home faire)

"I know who I WAS when I got up this morning, but I think I must have been changed several times since then" - Alice

LadyStitch

I would add stuff for rain.  IE extra tarps,  rain suits or ponchos.  Oh and CAN OPENERS!!!   We buy one each year and some how it NEVER makes it's way home.
I have a good packing list but some times 'fertilizer' happens.
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

Trillium

basic camping items like charcoal, lighter fluid, lighters, tarps, tent stakes, rope, first aid items, toiletries, women's hygeine items, along with sodas, snacks, ice, paper plates, paper towels.  I liked the idea TRF had of some cold weather items like hats and gloves for those cold snaps your not expecting.
Got faerie dust?

FreyBjorn

Everything everybody else said plus firewood just because I didn't see it mentioned specifically.
There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West. Some courage and some wisdom, blended in measure. If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. - J.R.R. Tolkien

Riff Raff

Items I've needed on an emergency basis:
- Blanket
- Duct tape
- Tarp

dbaldock

I don't think I've seen anyone mention Batteries and Flashlights.

Depending on the cost, you might consider one of those "Pay To Charge" kiosks for Mobile Devices, like some airports have.

Take Care,
David Baldock
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Rani Zemirah

*Corkscrew... it never fails, someone brings a bottle of wine and forgets a way to open it. 
*Multi-tool... there is always something you need one of those for.
*Inexpensive sleeping bag and small tent combo... because random people are always deciding to stay over after having the "best day EVER" in Faire, and meeting people who tell them how much fun the campgrounds are. 
*Safety pins and sewing kits... for obvious reasons.
*Biodegradable soap and shampoo... because clean and non-toxic are good. 
*Unscented wipes... same reason as ^. 
*12v Air pump and patch kit... no one likes sleeping on the ground.
*Air mattress... see ^.
*Selection of fresh fruits and veggies that store well.  Apples, onions, potatoes, etc... 
*Inexpensive kitchen knife... because someone always forgets to pack one. 

Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Musicnerd88

Some basic first aid supplies would be good.  Band-aids, triple anti-biotic ointment, bee sting stuff, tylenol and the like.  Bandanas, you can use them for all sorts of things.   :)
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Merlin the Elder

Quote from: Musicnerd88 on August 25, 2014, 05:36:52 PM... Bandanas, you can use them for all sorts of things.   :)
I prefer fur-lined handcuffs myself...  ::)
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

deafdrummer

How 'bout PROTECTION?  I wonder how many kids were conceived in such campgrounds. ;D

And the small travel padlocks so that one can protect their tents from "unauthorized" use of tents for such endeavors...

RenStarr

Protection!!   ;D   That response could of gone in the joke section.  Good laugh, thanks.

Getting a long list of items here.  By the time all these "hypothetical" items get on the "hypothetical" selves in this "hypothetical" camp store, there's going to be a "hypothetical" Walmart in the campground.  LOL
Spiced rum....hmmmmm
Greetings, try this.
Starr Gazzer.
2013 TRF AHE RenNado.....heck of a night