News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Opening Weekend & Faire Magazine

Started by SirBlackFox, July 27, 2008, 07:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirBlackFox

I'll be covering opening weekend at NYRF for Faire Magazine with m'kids in tow.  Large amounts of photos will be taken, so feel free to say hi and pose in all your finery!

Publisher, Faire Magazine, The Concordium, & The Pyrates Way
Founder, FriendsofMDRF

Black'n McCrack

FaireGirl69

YAY!  I'll keep an eye out for you and yours on Saturday when we'll be there.
- Dolores in PA

"If they outlaw guns, can we go back to using swords?" - bumper sticker saying

SirBlackFox

By the looks of it at present, I'll be there alone. . . . SO LET'S PARTY!

My room is set for the weekend and I dusted off m'Black Fox outfit (found $10 in the pocket).

. . .  a good omen!
Founder, FriendsofMDRF

Black'n McCrack

theChuck

Quote from: SirBlackFox on July 29, 2008, 03:41:30 PM

My room is set for the weekend and I dusted off m'Black Fox outfit (found $10 in the pocket).

. . .  a good omen!

what pubs do you think you'll be at?
The Renlist - find faires near you!

FaireGirl69

Quote from: SirBlackFox on July 29, 2008, 03:41:30 PM

. . .  a good omen!

I'd say that was a good omen!  Excellent!  We'll look for just you then.  Now to garb or not to garb...hmmm?  I usually don't but if you'll be taking pics for your new mag, I may just have to.  Will have to give this much thought.
- Dolores in PA

SirBlackFox

Quote from: theChuck on July 29, 2008, 04:18:19 PM
what pubs do you think you'll be at?

All of them. . .unless you're buying all day then I'm your buddy  ;D
Founder, FriendsofMDRF

Black'n McCrack

theChuck

Quote from: FaireGirl69 on July 29, 2008, 05:51:05 PM
I'd say that was a good omen!  Excellent!  We'll look for just you then.  Now to garb or not to garb...hmmm?  I usually don't but if you'll be taking pics for your new mag, I may just have to.  Will have to give this much thought.

gasp. you'd go to faire not in garb?
The Renlist - find faires near you!

FaireGirl69

Quotegasp. you'd go to faire not in garb?

Yep...believe it or not.  After becoming a mother, going in garb and having to deal with the kidlets is just too much for me.  Also this marks my 20th year of walking through the gates at NYRF and I did many many years of going in garb.  I kinda' like just going in civvies.
- Dolores in PA

Lady_Claira

Quote from: FaireGirl69 on July 29, 2008, 09:36:18 PM

Yep...believe it or not.  After becoming a mother, going in garb and having to deal with the kidlets is just too much for me.  Also this marks my 20th year of walking through the gates at NYRF and I did many many years of going in garb.  I kinda' like just going in civvies.

20 years? Wow! Congrats and Huzzah! I personally have only been once. Last year was my first year ever at faire. It was far better than I could have expected and I really can't wait for this year. But 20 years. Most definate congrats!
You see this training pin? It could be yours. You could learn all about wenches! And that's a promise! - My friend Mike

FaireGirl69

I actually ended up not going on Opening day afterall.  We got about 20 minutes away and decided that the rain (should it have stopped) still would have made for a miserable day with us and our daughters (especially for our stroller...not fun pushing that thing around in the mud).  So we'll use our tickets for another day in the season.  *sigh*
- Dolores in PA

SirBlackFox

Sorry you didn't make it luv. . .we had three shots of harsh rain which lasted about 1/2 hour apiece. . .by 1pm, the sun was out. . it spitted and sputtered a bit the rest of the day, but it actually was fun.  The storms made many of us bunch up with complete strangers and new friends were made. . . we Rennies are a wonderful lot, m'thinks.  Sunday had a few spits of rain but was gorgeous, non-humid, and in the low, comfortable 80s.  In all, I shot over 430 photos . . .more than enough to create a grand photo-fest in the autumn Faire Magazine!
Founder, FriendsofMDRF

Black'n McCrack

FaireGirl69

I can't wait for your mag (I am a subscriber you know -  ;) ) to come out in the fall!  I'm hoping to make it up to NYRF in September now sometime.

But I'm sure I'll see you either at PARF or MDRF soon enough, yes?
- Dolores in PA

SirBlackFox

yepper. . .  weekend after this coming one at PARF then on to MDRF!
Founder, FriendsofMDRF

Black'n McCrack