News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

KCRF 2014 Thoughts/Shares/Pictures

Started by Tamtaro, September 08, 2014, 01:26:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamtaro

Hey everyone - just wanted to start a thread to chat about stuff.  Yessss, stuff!

Great pictures Craigmeister!  Took me right back to the lanes for a moment  - yay ;D  I take miserable pictures! :P

I saw two new acts - Topsy Turvy and Bubble and Squeak.  The Topsy Turvy girls are so energetic and strong!  And Bubble & Squeak is so toe-tapping & awesome.  Some gypsies danced in the lane while passing by - it was such a happy moment!  I cry when I get too happy - I had to slip my sunglasses on to hide.   ME: ;D :'( 8)  Music sometimes just fills me up to overflowing!

What do you think of the new location for the Jolly Rogers?  Has anyone seen the new Pirate show?  The Human Combat Chess Match?  New food?

Butch - I missed you!  When is your next weekend out?

Butch

I was there Sat.  Opening cannon until about an hr after parade.  I was dressed differently, so you may have seen me?  I stopped and chatted quite a bit.  Saw Gem, Bubble (or Squeek?), Insidious Raven, and Delireus.  I also recovered one of those R/F boards we used for the RenDezVous pub crawl!  It was in the elements for almost a year!

I plan on being out about every day.

I didn't see the Chess Match on the schedule?  I wanna catch it this year.  Didn't see EZnDil on the schedule yet either.  Where are the Jolly Rogers at now?  I'm gonna have to review my program, I guess.

Was disappointed on the spanikopita that I got from the Greek place.  They were cold.

My wife had a turkey leg, and found it tasty and fit for human consumption.

Maybe we KC RF'ers can pick a day and get together for a tailgate some day this season?  Either pre-cannon or for lunch?

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Butch on September 08, 2014, 02:22:00 PM

Maybe we KC RF'ers can pick a day and get together for a tailgate some day this season?  Either pre-cannon or for lunch?

I would suggest Columbus weekend??  ;)
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Merlin the Elder

Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on September 09, 2014, 05:34:18 AM

There you go...getting suggestive again...
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Butch

Well, that's a no-brainer!  When you're here, we'll have one (whether it's just us or not!).  Are you and Master D, Bag-Maker still planning on the trip?  And Double D?

Norfolk

The Duchess and I, along with our beloved son and daughter, the Earl and Countess of Surrey, will be in attendance that weekend.  We are at your bidding.
Just call me "Your Grace"

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Butch on September 09, 2014, 10:23:47 AM

Well, that's a no-brainer!  When you're here, we'll have one (whether it's just us or not!).  Are you and Master D, Bag-Maker still planning on the trip?  And Double D?

All will be there, except m'lady who may not be able to progress  :(
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Butch

With these most noble of out-of-towners visiting, I think that Columbus Day weekend will be grand!  Maybe a humble pre-flight, and then a luncheon?

Norfolk

Just call me "Your Grace"

Tamtaro

Huzzah!  I will be there that weekend too.  Not sure which day, but if we coincide I would like crash the gatherings!

Tamtaro

Have you seen the weather report for this weekend?  65 and sunny!  Nice and cool!  I think of kcdcchef on weekends like this.  Haven't heard from him lately, but remember he liked the colder-the-better weather.  I love it cool enough to wear a cloak without sweating to death!  Perfect!  I can't wait for Saturday.

Craigmeister

Thanks, Tamtaro.  I got a new cloak last year too.  I'm ready for cool weather for it.  I hope I can break it out at Great Bend, KS in October or Arkansas City, KS in November.
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Tamtaro

This Saturday is looking like rain (so far)!  I remember the rainy weekend would always be the weekend my sister & I took our kids...Murphy's Law, not intentional parental evilness (although it's making me giggle a little now - muah ha ha!). ;D