News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Keeping Wings Upright

Started by elthefairy, September 13, 2014, 05:13:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elthefairy

I'm making a new set of wings, and I want to make sure that I don't have to adjust my wings every five seconds to keep them from falling sideways. My old wings had to be tied around the waist to keep them from slipping, and eventually I had to duct tape the two my back. Duck tape I don't mind, it's just that it looked a little wonky. I can't stick them down my back, as I'm wearing a high backed front lacing bodice, which I don't want to alter. How do I keep my wings right side up?

Trillium

When I first started playing with wings I ended up attaching little strips of ribbon to the back of my bodice to tie around the middle strap of the wings. It worked fairly well and wasn't obtrusive, but will depend on how your wings are built.
Got faerie dust?

elthefairy

I have my wings built with a center support bar. I don't quite understand what you mean. Are you talking about sewing/safety pining ribbon to the back of my bodice, and then tying to the support bar? Thank you!

Trillium

Yes, i sewed ribbons onto the bodice where each side of the center bar would sit then tied the wings on. Tack the ribbon down at the top and bottom of where the wings will sit. It will give better support than just the middle of the ribbon. )|----|(
Got faerie dust?

elthefairy

Trillium

Glad I could help!  If you still have difficulties post a pic in the Garbing section and we will see what we can do to help!
Got faerie dust?