News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Rverssance 2014

Started by Rowan MacD, September 17, 2014, 11:38:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowan MacD

http://www.river-cade.com/riverssance/

Oct 4-5

Joust and Birds of Prey.

Over 21 Smoker at the pub-Adult comedy done right!

Adult-$10.00
6-12-$5.00
5 and under $1.00
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Any idea what the entertainment might be?
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Rowan MacD

Musically-They have been having The Rogues each year (very good).
  Birds of Prey-Cavello Equestrian Arts does the Joust-I have seen their equestrian stunt show too-they have performed for Ringling Bros circus also.  They used to alternate the shows: stunt riding/ acrobats and Joust.
   It's a lot of fun as this faire tends to have surprise entertainers.
   In the past we have seen Cast in Bronze and a few other rather big names do one-offs-these are not always announced in advance.  Each year, they have had an over-21 Royal Smoker for those who prefer non PG entertainment- the parade is a blast.
  The queen's tea is by invite only.  You will get an invite scroll (or not) as you go in the gate- I'm  pretty sure it has to do with the quality of your garb ^_^. Dressing up is worth it.
  Plenty of kids shows and intermediate-mature audience stuff.   Something for everyone.   

Edit: added Joust info
IWG wench #3139 

Rowan MacD

Weather this year is supposed to be much better: Mostly sunny and 64 on Saturday then mostly sunny and 72 on Sunday.  It was rainy and cold (in the 50's) last year, which is why we skipped it. 
  Looks like a go this year!
IWG wench #3139 

Rowan MacD

Forecast as of 10/01 for this weekend looks like cool weather will be making another appearance this year;but without the rain-and tornadoes-of 2013.
   Noble garb, furs, leather and the heavier outfits are comfortable in the high 50's and lower 60's, so right now Riverssance is a go for us.  Periodic trips to the food court for tea and coffee is how we do it.
   For those of you who don't mind cool and sunny-this faire is small and only one weekend in a very pretty city park-and it's usually packed with fun (and people). 

For the drinkers-There is large, roofed pub Pavillion in the middle of the faire, and the over 21 smoker has it's own enclosed tent, stage,  seating and refreshments not too far from that. Tickets at the gate.
IWG wench #3139 

Rowan MacD

Weather was cool but sunny, and we had a wonderful time on Saturday. 
  Saw lots of friends and made a couple of new ones; this is why I like this little faire.
  Small, homey, and though there are children present-it tends to be adult friendly (the 2-3 huge pubs help with that) and the over 21 smoker is legendary.
   Sioux City Rivercade sponsors the entertainment; so it doesn't have to turn a profit to e4xist. Gate is only $10.00 to help offset the park cleanup costs.
IWG wench #3139 

Gauwyn of Bracknell

what entertainment was there?
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Rowan MacD

The Rogues were not there (I heard they didn't come last year either, the price tag was a bit too many zeros for the city to want to hire them).
   The joust was the acrobatic troupe (very good),  Birds of Prey, some musical groups, dancers and fire jugglers though we were too busy to see much in the 4 hours we were there.
  Most of the musical entertainment, as well as the comedy acts were inside the pubs and the smoker-so I must assume they were very non-PG  ;D,.  We did not drink (other than a glass of wine at the Queen's  tea) or go into the pubs, so we didn't see them.       
   From the roars of laughter from the Smoker tent- it was a good show-and the King said it was one of the best yet. 

IWG wench #3139