News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What a great year at the MNRF

Started by winterland, September 29, 2014, 03:23:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

winterland

We thoroughly enjoyed our trips to the Fest this year. We had great weather and experienced great people working there and visiting.
It made my life better. Good therapy.

On another note this MN board seems dead. Do MNRF people hang out somewhere else online now?

groomporter

I think most have migrated to Facebook.
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

Despite the parking lot half dug up, it was a superb season . Between the huge crowds, great food, hreat misuc, it was a treat to be at fest.
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

KeithR

I only get to attend twice a season, but as always it was a great two outings. Alas, I fear that next year will be the last at the current location. Mind you that this is strickly my obsevation and opinion and based solely on what I see happening with the quarry and after talking to a number of vendors. From what I gatherered, many were sent letters stating the the lease does indeed run through 2016 and that nothing is "planned" to change in 2015, but that there "may be" an increase in "rent" for 2016 that may be high enough for many to not renew for 2016. Given how far the quarry has encroached on the grounds, one can only speculate where it will be in one more year. As I said, this is only my opinion as I have no connection with anyone connected to Renfest. I hope I'm wrong, but as I said, seeing where the quarry is now and ZERO news as to when(or even IF) RenFest will continue & where, is still up in the air.

groomporter

We've been told by MAF that the show will happen in 2017 whether it's still on the current site or elsewhere. Supposedly they are looking at 5 potential sites within 1 hour of the Twin Cities.

We crafters have been told will be receiving an information packet in October rather than after the new year as has been the normal routine, so there should be -some- news soon.

As unlikely as it is, a fee discount (or at least a freeze) would be a nice good faith gesture. -as well as potentially reduce the number of crafters who might decide to cut their losses and simply abandon their booth in the face of worsening access/parking before any move.
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?