News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Does anyone recognize these clasps? Looking for more

Started by gem, September 30, 2014, 04:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gem

I found two sets of these in my stash, minus whatever card or label they might have originally had. I want to use them on my fitted English gown (which is now FINISHED... except for the clasps, huzzah!), but could really use at least 2 more sets. I've looked at JoAnn, Hobby Lobby, and halfheartedly on etsy without luck. Hoping the eagle-eyed RFers might know where I can find some more!

They're the typical size of small cloak clasps (about 1" high by 1.5" wide for the pair), in a bronzey-coppery finish, with brownish red stones. They also have a maker's mark on the back--a J inside a circle--but I don't recognize it.

Anyone have leads?
Thanks so much!!

Stuben

I really like that hook up clasp

Rowan MacD

I like them too.  Hard to find these with cabochon stones in them....I wonder who manufactures them?
   I would prefer to order directly instead of going through a third party*

*I spent way too much on some rosary chain I needed by ordering through an etsy vendor.  I was charged $5.99 for a yard,  then found the same chain (too late)  for $1.99 yard.
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

gem

Huzzah! They are from JHB, and they're a Hancock exclusive. Milord found me three more sets at our local store! (That's probably all they would normally stock.) There's a similar clasp that's a JHB JoAnn exclusive; I used it years ago on my brown Boticelli dress--that one is bronze with mother-of-pearl cabochons, and I think it's actually a little prettier. But this one was a dead match to the colors in my duck-green-and-bronze fitted gown.

Rowan MacD

Thank you!  If Hancock's has them then I can order directly from the store.   

For interested parties:  It's the "Chelsea"   style #9402
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt