News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

New Simplicity 1251- fun fair wear/fantasy hoodie

Started by gypsylakat, October 29, 2014, 01:44:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gypsylakat

Hey everyone, wanted to post that I found a new pattern recently released that is in the "mundane" section that would be fabulous for a fair pullover or jacket if you added a front opening. Thought I'd throw it up here since it was outside of the costumes/historical stuff and didn't want anyone to miss it :)

I made view C last night in christmas fabric to go with my fiance's buddy the elf costume- I'm house sitting so I made it without pins and it still came out looking great (I had my new-to-me sewing machine with me) It was super easy, probably 2 hours from start to finish. Size up if you're using anything that isn't super stretchy and add lots of length if you have a chest, I thought I had added enough length to compensate for my chest and stomach but it's a bit short. I'm adding a skater skirt though so I'm not too worried about that.

"A kiss can be a comma, a question mark or an exclamation point.
That's basic spelling that every woman ought to know."

Trillium

That is an adorable pattern!  May need one for mundane wear.... ;D
Got faerie dust?

isabelladangelo

I wonder if I can get away with view A at work......

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

Thanks for posting this, Isabella. My oldest granddaughter may like something like this for Christmas. She's into hoodies.
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

gem

Quote from: isabelladangelo on October 29, 2014, 03:59:02 PM
I wonder if I can get away with view A at work......
Oooh, I can!! Of course, I work from home, but still!

Kat, thanks for the head's up--very cute!!