News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Halloween: Another side of us

Started by Lady Kathleen of Olmsted, November 02, 2014, 12:24:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

i know, Halloween was a few days ago, but what fun it was. For those who enjoy Halloween as much as I do to show another side of our sewing and costuming talents, what did you dress up as this year?

This year, I was a Steampunk Vampire. I enjoy dressing in the Victorian era and other eras as a Vampire from the Ages. The Apron and Underskirt are  from  Truly Victorian patterns and the Bolero from the recent SIMPLICITY Steam punk pattern. The corset, I ordered from www.corset-story.com The hat, I made 3 years ago from a Lynn McMasters Top Hat pattern. The chemise is one I made this year from no pattern. The Burgundy/Black Taffeta was  a buyout from 3 years ago after Halloween at JoAnn Fabrics for $2.98 a yard. I bought the rest of the bolt..

Feel free to visually share your Halloween memories.

"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

My two youngest Granddaughters dressed as Elsa and Anna. I used the SIMPLICITY Frozen pattern. I was able to size it down to a 2 for the youngest Granddaughter. Iron on flowers worked so well. I was not going to make all those flowers by hand. Time was of the essence here.

PollyPoPo

Lady Kathleen,

Got to say that Steampunk Vampire look shows off your figure quite nicely. 

Congratulations.

Polly PoPo
(aka Grannie)

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted