News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Roads

Started by MissBubu, July 28, 2008, 08:52:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MissBubu

Anyone know what happened to 212? I drove down to site on Saturday and what was previously marked as 212 wasn't marked that way anymore.

Random Girl

The new freeway heading out to Chaska and beyond will now be HWY 212 and they will be renaming the old 212 something else ...they just haven't figured out what yet.

Much like how old 212 is the old 169.  That road just can't keep a name.
~~Nessa~~
Safety Services Maven of Midnight
Crew member of the S.S. Hookers and Blow
Odissimur Iocos - We hate fun

Lady_Lily

I use that road all the time...currently, 212 is also 312. If you are going west, it is marked, as Nessa said as 212 and going east towards Eden Prairie is 312. I think at some point it will all be switched back to 212, but don't quote me on that.

Random Girl

~~Nessa~~
Safety Services Maven of Midnight
Crew member of the S.S. Hookers and Blow
Odissimur Iocos - We hate fun

MissBubu

So does the new 212 take you to Chaska and fest grounds? Or should I just continue on the old 212 (whatever they decide to name it)?

Lady_Lily

Basically, the new 212 is moved over just a little bit. It will connect you to hwy 41, which you can take through downtown chaska to get you there. I am not entirely sure what they did with the old 212, that may actually be changing names as well.

Basically, 312/new 212 will connect you to 41 between Target and the school that is in Chaska, the old 212 will connect you to 41 in the usual place.

Rage

the old 212 is still there and right now there are still signs up that call it 212. At 312 there are also signs calling it 212.

I think the new road actually connects with the old 212 east of chaska and runs down to hwy 5 a couple blocks up from 494.

Its a much quicker drive then the old 312 and its not all that confusing.

Celtic Lush

But who's on first??? ::)

Lord Figaro

Okay here's the deal. I take this road in question to work every day. So here's the total info that I can give. The old 212 is still 212. If you came to the fest down that way you still can. But there is also another option. Instead of dealing with lights and traffic coming down (OLD) 212. Take the new route 312 and get off on the exit for rt 41 Chaska. Go left off the exit and you'll be taken right through Chaska and you'll know where you are. If you want to stay with the old way then feel free to do so. The only traffic pattern change doesn't effect anything, unless you go to far down the old 212 past Chaska into Carver.  Now if you choose to go the new 312 way. To get to this new road. Off 494 take the exit for rt5/212 and stay over to the left two lanes. These will take you down the new 312. Any questions, let me know and I'll try to give more details.
Those who do not remember their past are condemned to repeat their mistakes.

George Santayana

Lady L

We went 212, coming in from the west, on Fri. We could not take the old 212, it looked like it was torn up. We had to use the new highway, which winds to the north of Chaska. Then, we had to turn right (south) and go through several stoplights to get to the old intersection of 212 and chestnut. This took 15 more minutes than the old way. We tried going as far as we could on 212, on the way back, but just outside of Chaska, to the west, the road was blocked. So, we went south, through Carver and that took even longer than the north route. I don't understand what  Lord Figaro means, that if you want to take the old way, you still can. Because, believe me, that is what I want to do!   ???
Former Shop Owner at MNRF

Capt. Bacardi

Simply all roads lead to faire...  ;D
BLOODY HELL!!!!
..It is only a flesh wound..
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Lord Figaro

Sorry, should have said that the directions are for those coming from the north (Head slap) those coming up 212 from the south will have to follow the new highway to the exit for 41, like Lady L said.
Those who do not remember their past are condemned to repeat their mistakes.

George Santayana

Phelyp, Lord Maydestone

Amen to that Capt. Bacardi!  Sounds like a Fleetwood or Blackmore's Knight song ...
It's always time for Chardonnay!

AmazonSage

There is no "old" 212 that's now just flying cloud drive... What was 312 is now just 212...  I live on 212 just 2 mile after all the BS, mndot and carver county has driven most of us that live west of Chaska simply mad.  It's like mad cow disease except it's called mad-mndot disease.  Flying cloud Dr still runs from Hwy 41 to the eden prairie center as normal.  But, now freeway 212 takes under 15 minutes to get from 494 to 41.  Good old 169 still travels as normal at least.

Naween

All I can say is that hopefully we dont get lost....trying to understand which road was which was difficult enough last time! I think we took that flying drive road........but really we just drove straight and hoped it wold be on the left. :P

However, if google updates before August 30, I might not have any trouble.....