News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2015 Renaissance Fesitval of Nebraska (under new management)

Started by Rowan MacD, December 02, 2014, 05:12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowan MacD

May 2-3 and 9-10 2014.

Ticket prices and location TBA.   
There is an issue with current venue that will necessitate a site relocation; but the show will go on.
  I will keep you posted.

www.nebfaire.com

What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Craigmeister

I appreciate these four updates, Rowen.  I've updated my website with all of them.  Have a Merry Christmas!
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

jeremiah sullivan

Is this still a Greg Schmidt show,? and if not, who do I contact to get an vendor app. J and L Trading, the Leather Guy. Thanks Jeremiah

Rowan MacD

IWG wench #3139 

jeremiah sullivan

Thanks, Hope to see all of my old friends again.....

Rowan MacD

As per the latest on the NRF Book of Faces-The dispute has been settled.
   The show will go on (albeit under new management) at the same location -Bellevue Pumpkin Ranch-as it has in the past. 
   Vendor and entertainment apps being accepted.
   See you there!
IWG wench #3139 

Rowan MacD

May 2-3 and 9-10 2014.  11am -6pm  daily

Tickets:

$12 Adults

$7 Children 3-12 years.  Under 3 years free.

Advance tickets can also be purchased at FairyTail Costumes in the Crossroads Mall at 72nd & Dodge .

http://bellevueberryfarm.com/renaissance-festival

Weekend 1, the all-female jousting troupe,
KNIGHTS OF THE ROSE from Delaware Ohio!

Weekend 2, the heavy battle jousting troupe,
NEW RIDERS OF THE GOLDEN AGE from Sarasota Florida!

Both Weekends, live stage performances, hands-on activities, artisan markets, historical fun, and feasting fit for a king!

Our royal court will feature Queen Elizabeth and Dudley graciously visiting from the Sioux land Renaissance festival (Jue 6-7) in Sioux Falls, SD.    They may be a permanent addition.   

Note:  For those interested in these things- The Sioux land faire is set in the middle years of QEI's reign; and I expect the Nebraska Faire will follow suit.  The setting is a celebration of the Queens's visit to the towne, during her progress.
   If you have not yet met this court at Sioux land; it is worth the trip to make their acquaintance.   

IWG wench #3139 

Butch

Rowan MacD

Hopefully you can make the second weekend, even for just a day.  It would be great to see you again!

David is leaning toward doing the pay-as-we-go this year, rather than volunteer on-cast.
   The walking around all day is hard on his arthritis; and sometimes you just don't want to do 7 hours at a stretch, especially if the weather is hot or rainy.  We will most probably be there on Saturday each weekend. 

I have made a new two person banner for the new royals, since the one I made last year was given to the Westside Reenactors; and is their property. 
   I am considering loaning this banner rather than donating it.  Canvas duck fabric is getting expensive!   If I have it,  I can keep up with repairs, and make sure it doesn't get wet or crumpled up in a box somewhere.   It needs to be rolled up on a fabric tube and not folded.

IWG wench #3139 

Rowan MacD

IWG wench #3139 

Rowan MacD

The opening weekend was a resounding success!

Big crowds both days, and ticket sales were steady, even during off peak times. It's getting better every year.

This is the inaugural faire under new management.

There were some new acts:  The Ladies of the Rose (all female tournament Jousters) were a nice change from the all male theatrical acts for the first weekend.     
  We return to the regular theatrical jousters (though not Joust Evolution) this coming weekend with Riders of the Golden Age.
  Our Royals this year are the court usually seen at Siouxland Renaissance Festival.   These excellent actors recently moved down to Lincoln, from Sioux Falls, where they will continue to play the Queen and Dudley.   Hopefully they will be joining the faire permanently, since it does not interfere with the Siouxland faire at the end of the month.
  We had such a fun time playing with them; they were everywhere, pulling pranks, doing skits and interacting with the considerable crowd. 
  They ended the day on Sunday with a rapier fight between the Duc d'Anjou and (I think) Dudley, after a weekend of exchanging pointed, and hilarious, insults.  I was elsewhere at the time and did not get to see this;  but the crowd was excited and talking about it all the way back to the gate.
   We will definitely need more room for the faire in the future; and the Berry ranch has room for it to grow much larger.  This year the Ranch surprised us with a new wooden bridge (which needs a Troll),  new paint and decorations on the List, banners and new, hand painted signs everywhere.
  New wooden decks and seating for the pub crowd and show audience overlooking the Pirate shipwreck stage;  a few new wooden playhouse sized gingerbread Fairy houses in the children's realm near the Dragon stage.  Landscaping is coming along nicely.
IWG wench #3139 

Butch

It sounds wonderful, thank-you for the review!  I'll be there Saturday or Sunday (probably Saturday).  Look forward to it!

Rowan MacD

We won't be on cast the second weekend, but we will be there on Saturday, at least. 
   David and I are breaking in our Celtic garb for Siouxland.
   David has a new kilt and I have an Earasaid, we need to check out the garments for comfort and wear-ability in all weather.
   I also need to break in my new Medieval Moccasins; I'll know after a few hours whether I will need inserts! I haven't had much luck with other ghillies.

Keep an eye on the weather- May weather is psycho in Nebraska.    See you there!
IWG wench #3139 

Merlin the Elder

Psycho, indeed! Looks like yesterday, Nebraska, Kansas, and Oklahoma were trying to prove that!
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Lady Rosalind

Rowan MacD

Right now, the weather on Saturday will probably be decent.  Sunday, less so. 
   Last year, we were chased out before closing gate by tornado warnings.

Jousting this weekend, is courtesy of The Riders of the Golden Age.

This, of course, is subject to instant change at the whim of the weather gods.

On the up side-the temps will be very nice; in the lower to mid 70's.

Lady R-We plan to be at the Iowa faire, in two weeks-see you there!
IWG wench #3139 

Lady Rosalind

Quote from: Rowan MacD on May 07, 2015, 11:42:44 AM
   Right now, the weather on Saturday will probably be decent.  Sunday, less so. 
   Last year, we were chased out before closing gate by tornado warnings.

Jousting this weekend, is courtesy of The Riders of the Golden Age.

This, of course, is subject to instant change at the whim of the weather gods.

On the up side-the temps will be very nice; in the lower to mid 70's.

Lady R-We plan to be at the Iowa faire, in two weeks-see you there!

Unfortunately, the management chose to hire only the queen and king for the Iowa Ren Fest, so I will be heading up to visit family that weekend. If I am feeling really left out, I may drive out for the day on Monday if the weather will be good.

Rowan MacD

David and I are straight up Playtron-ing the Iowa faire this year, no volunteer cast, so we don't feel obligated to stay. 
   If the weather is good, we will be there; but if it's raining, no way.

We visit the cemeteries in the area to decorate the graves (David's Dad is buried out there, and his Mom is in Indianola), then we visit the grandkids.

If we don't see you there, then we'll see you at DMRF.
IWG wench #3139 

Butch

We'll be there tomorrow (Saturday).  Driving up that morning from KC, and will stay aboard Offutt tomorrow night.

Rowan MacD

The good ship Malmstrom?   My in laws used to stay there.
  The Berkshire-hathaway folks have pretty much cleared out now; so lodging is plentiful once again.   
  We'll be there for sure tomorrow- I'll look for the Thrum hat ^_^, I'll have some favors ready.   
   Moonstruck Meadery was there last week-hopefully they will be there this weekend as well.  The Raspberry Mead was getting raves-though I didn't get to try it while on cast.
IWG wench #3139 

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Lady Rosalind on May 08, 2015, 08:52:41 AM

Unfortunately, the management chose to hire only the queen and king for the Iowa Ren Fest, so I will be heading up to visit family that weekend. If I am feeling really left out, I may drive out for the day on Monday if the weather will be good.

Bummer - Joel and Lynne both told me (must be all the money they are paying the Waxing Gibbous :)

Will miss seeing you
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Lady Rosalind

Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on May 09, 2015, 08:15:23 AM
Quote from: Lady Rosalind on May 08, 2015, 08:52:41 AM

Bummer - Joel and Lynne both told me (must be all the money they are paying the Waxing Gibbous :)

Will miss seeing you

I will miss you all, too!