News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2015 Renaissance Fesitval of Nebraska (under new management)

Started by Rowan MacD, December 02, 2014, 05:12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowan MacD

Right now, the weather on Saturday will probably be decent.  Sunday, less so. 
   Last year, we were chased out before closing gate by tornado warnings.

Jousting this weekend, is courtesy of The Riders of the Golden Age.

This, of course, is subject to instant change at the whim of the weather gods.

On the up side-the temps will be very nice; in the lower to mid 70's.

Lady R-We plan to be at the Iowa faire, in two weeks-see you there!
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Lady Rosalind

Quote from: Rowan MacD on May 07, 2015, 11:42:44 AM
   Right now, the weather on Saturday will probably be decent.  Sunday, less so. 
   Last year, we were chased out before closing gate by tornado warnings.

Jousting this weekend, is courtesy of The Riders of the Golden Age.

This, of course, is subject to instant change at the whim of the weather gods.

On the up side-the temps will be very nice; in the lower to mid 70's.

Lady R-We plan to be at the Iowa faire, in two weeks-see you there!

Unfortunately, the management chose to hire only the queen and king for the Iowa Ren Fest, so I will be heading up to visit family that weekend. If I am feeling really left out, I may drive out for the day on Monday if the weather will be good.

Rowan MacD

David and I are straight up Playtron-ing the Iowa faire this year, no volunteer cast, so we don't feel obligated to stay. 
   If the weather is good, we will be there; but if it's raining, no way.

We visit the cemeteries in the area to decorate the graves (David's Dad is buried out there, and his Mom is in Indianola), then we visit the grandkids.

If we don't see you there, then we'll see you at DMRF.
IWG wench #3139 

Butch

We'll be there tomorrow (Saturday).  Driving up that morning from KC, and will stay aboard Offutt tomorrow night.

Rowan MacD

The good ship Malmstrom?   My in laws used to stay there.
  The Berkshire-hathaway folks have pretty much cleared out now; so lodging is plentiful once again.   
  We'll be there for sure tomorrow- I'll look for the Thrum hat ^_^, I'll have some favors ready.   
   Moonstruck Meadery was there last week-hopefully they will be there this weekend as well.  The Raspberry Mead was getting raves-though I didn't get to try it while on cast.
IWG wench #3139 

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Lady Rosalind on May 08, 2015, 08:52:41 AM

Unfortunately, the management chose to hire only the queen and king for the Iowa Ren Fest, so I will be heading up to visit family that weekend. If I am feeling really left out, I may drive out for the day on Monday if the weather will be good.

Bummer - Joel and Lynne both told me (must be all the money they are paying the Waxing Gibbous :)

Will miss seeing you
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Lady Rosalind

Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on May 09, 2015, 08:15:23 AM
Quote from: Lady Rosalind on May 08, 2015, 08:52:41 AM

Bummer - Joel and Lynne both told me (must be all the money they are paying the Waxing Gibbous :)

Will miss seeing you

I will miss you all, too!