News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Sherwood Faire Camping

Started by lonur1, December 04, 2014, 12:09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lonur1

New to Sherwood, regular at TRF.

Is the campground rv and pet friendly as I have heard? Is the campground set up nicely like TRF? Are there dump stations, showers, potable water fill up stations? Limited space. When can you arrive to camp?

Thank in advance. We are REALLY looking forward to this faire!

KiltedPrivateer

Wow, people must be busy getting ready for the end of the year.  Can't believe no one has answered this yet.

1. RVs: The general camp has room for some RV of the non monster size.  Monster RVs can be housed in the main parking if they won't fit into the camping area.  Camping is still fairly primitive.  No dump station, No electric.

2. Pets: Must follow standard pet rules such as being on a leash at all times.  Dog runs and visible kennels are not allowed.

3. Showers: There is a shower house in the camp ground. Has hot water if you get there at the right time.  Though I've heard that the water heater has been or will be upgraded.  I've never run out of hot water.  Though I typically take a sailors shower.

4. There is a spigot at the shower that can be used for water.  Not sure how potable.  We use it mainly for washing hands and dishes and clean up.

5.  Camp ground typically opens at noon on Friday.

You're in for a treat.  Sherwood IS the best faire in Texas.  The camp ground is many tiers above the camps at TRF.  I like to think of the camp ground as an extension of the village.  The villagers retreat to their camps at the close of the day where we eat together, drink together and enjoy each others company.

Be sure to stop Clan Procrastination and say howdy.  We love to meet new villagers.
Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara

Crimson

Lady Crimson Cadena

Clan of the Celtic Rogues
TRF
Sherwood Forest Faire (Home faire)

"I know who I WAS when I got up this morning, but I think I must have been changed several times since then" - Alice

mpullen

Just watch out for that weed puller of a campgrounds manager. He can be seen riding around in his green Kawasaki Mule, being bribed with all manner of food and refreshments. He's a real meanie. He's been caught giving folks a ride and waiving at everyone, greeting them in the morning and giving a loud "Wakie - wakie" shout in the morning.

What KP stated is the facts. Camping at Sherwood is nothing like camping at TRF (even though I work at the TRF campgrounds).

Lady Laura

And we all love that "Weed Puller" at both faire campgrounds!   ;)
"Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk."
-Sir Francis Chichester

beckgam462

Is there a Map of the camp ground ??
Mike???

As at TRF it is easy to see where RV/trailers tents etc.. can easily maneuver and negotiate the terrain/roads

we have been attending Sherwood since the beginning but only day tripping.  as the camp ground road was very narrow and the general area was bulldozed.

this year we are bring our trailer  (20 FT length )  and it would be nice to have a layout of the roads and general /quiet camping areas    :)
in the bilge with the vermin
Procrastination wannabe
Life Time member "Cottonbalers"';  Volens et Potens

JackGonzo, MD

This is a map Mike recently posted on one of the FB groups.
On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

beckgam462

in the bilge with the vermin
Procrastination wannabe
Life Time member "Cottonbalers"';  Volens et Potens

KiltedPrivateer

Why do the FB'ers get all the good info?
Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara

Jaunty

camp is more basic than TRF, but we can hide in the woods! Just set up camp. Friends of Fair can leave tents up the whole season....we are crossing our fingers that nothing gets stolen. One week and all of our stuff is still here.

GNASloth

Did it all last year as FoF and again this year. Never had a problem. Love camping at Sherwood. I do have a small key lock we lock on our tent zippers before we leave. But again, never had a problem.
Forgot to mention, we do general quiet tent camping.

Crimson

KP, because the FB'ers are the cool kids.  Come join the cool kids table...
Lady Crimson Cadena

Clan of the Celtic Rogues
TRF
Sherwood Forest Faire (Home faire)

"I know who I WAS when I got up this morning, but I think I must have been changed several times since then" - Alice

Trillium

NOOOOO!!!!  Don't go to the dark side!!!!
Got faerie dust?