News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Recruiting for a Medieval Browser based RP/Grind Game

Started by Soul31, December 04, 2014, 04:52:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soul31

Hi folks,

Hope I'm not intruding, figure a post in this sub-forum should be ok, let me know if it is not and I'll remove it.

My friends and I play a Medieval Browser based RP/Grind Game, here is the link:

http://www.medieval-europe.eu

And here is the wiki if you want to see how things work: http://wiki.medieval-europe.eu/index.php?title=Main_Page

It's based out of Italy so there's a very international flair to the community, many Italians of course, but there are also sizable contingents of Portugese, Greeks, Turks, Czechs, Hungarians, Russians, and of course folks from England and the USA. All told there is maybe 1,000 active players at any given time. We'd like to increase that number if we can, and I thought that this would be a good place to look for new blood.

You can see a map of the game here: User Built Map of Europe 1314
England is made up of mostly English speakers, Portugal the Portugese, the various Italian Kingdoms by Italians, Kiev by Russians, Byzantium by Greeks, etc etc. People tend to gravitate toward their country of language, but not always, and there are Italians and English speakers all over the map. English is the official language of the game by the way.

My friends and I live in England of course, in fact I am the King. Anyone who comes in to England will get my help getting started, it is a little daunting at first, but it can be fun if you like the sort of game where you need to grind a bit to get going. Once you get plugged into the community in the game it tends to get more interesting as the various political, military, and social aspects then take over. Most of the game is based around in-game mechanics, but there are some functions which happen outside of this in a Role-Play forum. The RP can be from sparse to good at times, for instance recently there were a series of public trials in Kiev as the Russian population there started a war, declared Martial Law, and then arrested a bunch of folks crossing their borders. Role-Play is encouraged on the forum and it tends to follow what's happening in the game but not always. There's even been a pirate comic site that cropped up that lampoons the various characters in the game and the developers, (mostly filled with inside jokes though. You'd have to play to get them I think).

Anyway, I don't want to waste too much of your time, so take a look...if you want to try it out then just register, again it starts slow but with help you can get through it. If you come in to England message the King (that's me) and I'll send you a little something useful and make sure the right folks are there to support you getting started. Otherwise, some countries have larger populations, some are small, but you can have fun anywhere.

Thanks for your time.

Soul