News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

light sporran repair

Started by Gauwyn of Bracknell, December 05, 2014, 01:16:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gauwyn of Bracknell

I have a relatively new sporran I got at Scarby a couple years ago from the Celtic shop.  Recently one of the pieces that attach the strap to the back came off.  It is basically a flat head screw from the inside and holds the leather piece on the back with a screw on round 'nut'.  I put it back on and it still loosens a bit (only hand tightened) .  Could I use some type of glue to make it stay without the worry of it coming loose, or maybe just tighten it a lot? (the other side is just fine). 

Probably is simple, but I was one of the kids who ate the glue in kindergarten  :P
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Butch

They make some stuff called "LOC-TITE" for that very purpose!  Well, to hold nuts and bolts together anyway.  Get the light duty stuff (I think it's blue).  Get the small tube of it.  Hardware store, probably not at a grocery store.

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Butch on December 05, 2014, 02:41:48 PM
They make some stuff called "LOC-TITE" for that very purpose!  Well, to hold nuts and bolts together anyway.  Get the light duty stuff (I think it's blue).  Get the small tube of it.  Hardware store, probably not at a grocery store.

Thanks Butch - I should have just asked you directly
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Butch

Hoowil

They'll also have it at an auto parts store. It does come in different colors/grades, but yeah, I'd second the blue.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.