News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Christmas Ren Gifts?

Started by Craigmeister, December 09, 2014, 10:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craigmeister

What kind of Renaissance-themed Christmas gifts are you asking for or buying for someone?  I introduced my niece to Renfaires this year.  She said she is going to sew something for me but I have a full set of Robin Hood garb so I can't figure out what she is planning.
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

RefMom3

It's not Renaissance-themed, but Ren Faire themed ;)  For the past several years, since money is tight, I just pre-order several advance tickets for Bristol. My kids are all adults now, and while they would probably like to have the cash, they are very happy to use the tickets every summer.

Lady Renee Buchanan

It's a little too late for this Christmas, but next year when you are at faire, shop there for presents for the rennies in your life.  I listen for people to say they like something but then end up not buying it for whatever reason.  Then I can go back without them and purchase it and put it away.

I bought my husband some pottery for our anniversary well before the anniversary.  He saw it and liked it, and he was very surprised and so happy when he got it.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Craigmeister

I like the idea of buying tickets to a Renfaire in the upcoming year.  A good way to buy lasting memories.
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Malcolm

I bought a kilt for my grandson for Christmas.
YOS,
Malcolm Abernethy
Knight Commander, Order of the Blue Ribbon
IBRSC #1272
1608 Society
"Be the best you can be... considering."

LadyStitch

Does making ren cloaks for the nephews, and princess dresses for nieces count as 'ren-themed'?  ;D
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

Craigmeister

Making cloaks definitely counts.  I took my niece to a fabric store last week so she could pick out material to sew her own cloak and a wizard's outfit for her brother.  I got enough info out of her that I figured out she is going to make me a flag or banner for my tent.  I'm very happy about that!